Shining Rabbit

As promised a couple of days later, classes went back to normal.

"You need code names. Time to pick your hero identities." Aizawa starts to explain internships offered to students.

The total offers show up on the screen and everyone is quite surprised on the results.

"Todoroki has the most and is ahead of Bakugo?" One of the students ask.

I swear, are they dumb or something? It's quite obvious, that's how I'm matching the same amount of offers Katsuki has. You need to be marketable.

"They probably didn't wanna work with a guy that had to be chained up at the end." Sero explains which makes Katsuki yell and I laugh in return.

"That's exactly it, agencies want people they can control and direct into any direction they want. You gotta play with them if you want the big job with the big bucks." I reply.

"These hero names most likely will be temporary but take them seriously or..." Aizawa starts to warn.

"You'll have hell to pay later! What you pick today could be your code name for life." My mom says.

I don't even want to talk to her right now...ugh why does it have to be her today. I already live with the woman.

And she has approval over my name?? I can't catch a break.

"It shows you what kind of hero you wanna be in the future, it's what you represent."

The class starts brainstorming and I've thought about this my whole life. I've thought of Pantheress, Catastrophe, and many other names. But the encounter I had with that panther the other day started to make me think. Maybe it was destined to be...exactly what it is.

"Now who would like to come up and share first?" The sensual female asks.

The blonde kid that smells like cheese walks up to the podium in-front of the classroom.

"The Shining Hero. My name is I cannot stop twinkling."

Is he fucking serious??? Who is gonna call for his help??? Bye. I can't even disassociate, it's so bad.

Mina goes up and I'm excited to hear what she says.

"Alien queeeeen!" and my mom is horrified. Ugh, the older generation is so close minded.

Everyone else takes their turn, some accepted and most denied and asked to try again.

As everyone has went at least once and the rejects are getting time to retry, I'm the only one that hasn't gone.

"Kumi... you're up." Everyone looks back at me and I feel like the whole class is expecting something great from me.

Looking at my shoes, I try not to draw attention to myself. It feels like one of those days where I just need to calm down after I've done all of that stuff and struggled emotionally throughout the Sports Festival.

Clearing my cough and walking up to the podium, I slowly turn my board to show my name.

"Black Panther." and everyone just shrugs.

I can tell my mom looks really mad which can't be justified as my teacher.

An irk mark suddenly appears on her forehead, "That's kind of plain. You can re-think it if you want. But I can okay this one."

"Okay that's it then." I tell her to confirm.

As the class wraps up, Uncle Aizawa starts to talk about the internships which is the real fun I've been looking forward to.