The right thing to do - PART II

RECAP: THE NIGHT ABHIMANYU LEFT HIS HOUSE.

_________________________

Now back to the story.........

THE PAST - ABHINAV'S POV

Even after switching college, Abhinav never got an ounce of peace. He was severely depressed by that unforgettable and unforgivable night. Yet he always put on a mask with a soft smile. It's been years, since he got a peaceful night of sleep. His dreams were always filled with his disappointed parents or of his other half and soul who left him mid-way, his twin Arnav or it was filled with the images of Dr. Abhimanyu Birla. Abhinav's now a successful doctor who majored in general medicine. He mainly focus on serving the poor. Though not a bit of peace could reach him, even after his patients showered him with ample of blessings. No amount of therapy neither could soothe him nor could it reduce his obsession with Dr. Abhimanyu Birla. Yes, he's been watching that guy like a hawk for a whole damn decade. Abhinav made it his life's mission to rejoice the successful career of Dr. Abhimanyu Birla. Every month a part of Abhinav's salary went to the donation for the orphanage on his Late family's name other than his own expenses. And a separate part will go onto the detective agency, to which Abhinav has assigned to keep tabs on Dr. Abhimanyu Birla.

A FEW DAYS AGO - ABHINAV'S POV

Therapist: Dr. Abhinav, we have already addressed this issue you're really obsessing over the man, whom your twin has hurt in the past!

Abhinav: *sighs* Yes, I do. But watching him as a successful doctor helps me to get atleast a few hours of sleep and some assurance that maybe we have not ruined him beyond repair.

Therapist: *blank stare*  You are not responsible for your late twin's action, Dr. Abhinav. Moreover, Dr. Birla's hands has recovered,

Abhinav: *equally staring back with a blank expression* But he's still not okay and.... his marriage broke!

Therapist: *raising eyebrows* And how did you know about that? Huh? You're still spying on him!!! Stalking is an offence, no matter whatever your justification might be.

Abhinav: *clears throat* I know, but I can't be peaceful without knowing about him, that he's okay and it's the right thing to do, atleast from my perspective. Also he has not reached out to therapy till now, even after suffering from Nyctophobia. And he broke his marriage for I don't know why??

Therapist: *sighs* It's his personal matters, you know! Even the detectives hired by you can't report what's going on inside his mind!

Abhinav: Hmm, you do have a point! But they suspected his interests on his fiancee's elder sister.

Therapist: *sternly* I repeat myself, Dr. Abhinav. It's his personal matters!!

Abhinav: Also his fiancée, no ex-fiancée nearly sued him. But the inspector stated that they have resolved it personally.

Therapist: Are you even listening to me??

Abhinav: 😔 I'm sorry!

Therapist: *sighs* You should accept the offer from the Birla Hospital and meet him in person and have a much needed closure! .

Abhinav: *determined* I'm planning to reject the offer. I don't know how much of the night he remembers? He was beyond high that night. But what if he gets triggered by seeing my face, well his tormentor was my twin.

Therapist: *I'm so done look* For your kind information, you're never going to move on from your past at this rate.*sighs* For god's sake focus on your own mental health..... atleast for my sake!

Abhinav: *trying to lighten up a bit* Therapists are not supposed to associate on personal basis with their clients.

Therapist: *huffs* Well, for one I'm getting paid to help you move on and the second thing is, it's really fancy coming from a man obsessed with a guy from his past.  *Rubs forehead tiredly* Please work on taking your mind off from Dr. Abhimanyu Birla.

Abhinav kept starring blankly at the therapist, and the therapist sighed in sympathy.

THE PRESENT - ABHINAV'S POV

Therapist: *cheerfully* Good morning, Dr. Abhinav! You know the process, so let's start by self rating your progress.

Abhinav: *distressed* Dr. Abhimanyu Birla ran away from his home at night! Can you believe the audacity of this guy with Nyctophobia! For god's sake he's a doctor! I honestly doubt his intelligence, by the way *proudly* did I ever mentioned you that he's a topper in all his courses.

The therapist silently scribbled zero progress on Dr. Abhinav Sharma's report.
_________________________

THE PRESENT - AAROHI'S POV

Aarohi was roaming aimlessly on the road for quite some time before hunger hit her hard. Then she treated herself to a good breakfast and was scrolling through her phone and her eyes fell on Dr. Rohan's text from yesterday.

📱

[Dr. Rohan's personal chat in Aarohi's phone]

Yesterday

Dr. Rohan: Dr. Aarohi, I've changed your leave details as per your request.

Today

Aarohi: Thank you so much Dr. Rohan. I owe you one!

(Rohan replied to her text in a couple of minutes)

Dr. Rohan: You're welcome Dr. Aarohi. It's not a big deal though!

Aarohi: If I am not wrong, your night shift ended an hour ago. How are you not asleep by now?

Dr. Rohan: The hospital is in chaos as none of the Birla family members have come here today. All the schedules literally everything from surgeries, discharges, consultations, board meetings and even the accountings are messed up by an impromptu break of the Birla family. So the Admin team is busy coming up with an alternative plan and my duty extended till afternoon.

Aarohi: I'm so sorry for you. This is one hell of a headache.

Dr. Rohan: Don't be sorry and make sure you enjoy your break to the fullest👍 after everything you know..

Aarohi: Thanks Dr. Rohan 🙂. By the way how're you even holding up, an extended duty just after your night shift.

Dr. Rohan: I'm running high on caffeine ☕. No problem though as I'm a huge fan of it👍

Aarohi: I don't like to be in debt of favours, Dr Rohan. So how about I get you a coffee for helping me ☕

(Rohan did not reply back to the text immediately and even after a couple of minutes, so Aarohi concluded that he got caught in the hospital work)

*End of texting with Dr. Rohan*

Aarohi (in her mind): Dr. Rohan can reply back when he's free. Buying someone a coffee is good way to socialize. Also what's better than going out with my colleague to take my mind after certain ex-fiancé.*huffs* It's the right thing to do, atleast I've something to look forward.
_________________________

Dear readers, thank you so much for voting my work 💟

_________________________