Confusing emotions

NOTE:

Basics for Recovery (healing) from trauma:

1) To acknowledge and reach out for help (by asking)
_________________________
Now back to the story....

*At the hotel room*

Aarohi: *frowning* Sir, why your cheeks are getting flustered, is your fever rising?

Aarohi lifted her hand to feel Abhimanyu's forehead, but he caught her hand.

Abhimanyu: *clears throat* I'm fine Aarohi!

Aarohi: *raising eyebrows* You've initiated things by asking but how hard is it for you to accept help?

Abhimanyu: *utterly lost* Accept help???

Aarohi: *smiling* I knew it! Dr. Abhimanyu Birla, a specialist in Cardiothoracic surgery has forgotten the basics of Recovery.

Abhimanyu: *blinks* Recovery? No, I remember!

Aarohi: Oh really? Then why are keeping on saying, I quote "what?".

Abhimanyu: *trying to change the topic* I didn't expect you to stay here at the hotel tonight just for my..... Nyctophobia?

Aarohi: *starring* Is it just me, or do you even feel that you're questioning everything, Sir?

Abhimanyu: *looks away* I'm questioning everything!

Aarohi squeezed Abhimanyu's hand to comfort him, then only it dawned on Abhimanyu that he's holding Aarohi's hand. But he didn't leave her hand though. A couple of moments pass in silence.

Aarohi: *soft voice* Sir!

Abhimanyu who was looking away, did not respond. So Aarohi continued to try.

Aarohi: Sir?

Aarohi: Sir?

Aarohi: *deep breath* Abhimanyu?

This got Abhimanyu to glance at her in surprise.

Abhimanyu: *meekly* Aarohi.

Aarohi: Uhh, you're still holding my hand.

But Abhimanyu did not move a muscle to release her hand, but he kept blankly starring at her.

Abhimanyu: *smiling* You've dropped the formalities!

Aarohi (in her mind): What the hell is even going on in his mind? For one moment, He was literally blushing for asking me to stay with him at night because of his Phobia, and now he's not releasing my hand and rejoicing me dropping formalities with him. Is he that much overwhelmed as I agreed to spend the night with him for his.... Wait!! hold on!!!

The sudden realisation sent a shiver down Aarohi's spine. On the other hand Abhimanyu was still holding her hand with a smiling face. But he noticed Aarohi's change in expression when their eyes locked.

Aarohi: *taken aback* What was your intension, when you asked me to spend the night with you?

Abhimanyu: *stammering* I.... did not mean that.. It was really a bad choice of words from my part. I wanted to ask you whether or not you'll continue your stay at this hotel tonight!

Abhimanyu then took a deep breath, but he neither released Aarohi's hand nor did he break the eyelock. Aarohi was utterly lost on where this exchange is heading to. She broke the eyelock and tried to take her hands away from Abhimanyu's solid yet soft grip. But Abhimanyu wouldn't budge.