Chapter 8

Akane had been adopted by the Fredericks family almost 6 months ago. Things had been going really well these days and Akane (reluctantly) was seeing a therapist. She never came back in a good mood from the therapist but Aric, Skyler and Sawyer always comforted her and got her back to her normal self. They all loved one another like family and they treated Akane like she had always been with them. But what they didn't know, was that Akane was still as miserable as ever. And unfortunately, there wasn't much that could actually help it. Of course, Sawyer, Skyler, Aric, Kirsten and Carl didn't know. Like hell she's tell them! They'd get all sympathetic and soft to her again and she hated that. She didn't want sympathy, she didn't want comfort, she didn't want to live life to the fullest. Unless living life to the fullest, included dying. So she decided, she'd would live life to the fullest. But to her, her life might as well be over already. So here she sat, on the bed in Sawyer's room (and her room though she didn't ever call it that) writing down her 31st plan of suicide. After finally jotting it all down, she sighed wondering when she'd actually be able to put one of them into action. It wouldn't be easy, she knew. But to her, to anyone in her state of mind, it would all be worth the wait in the end. She read through all her plans written down in her little black journal until lunch, where she proceeded and backed up all her lies, trying to make it sound like she was happy. After an exasperating meal, she returned to the bedroom and began song writing. She took Sawyer's black guitar off the wall and began to tune it. Playing through the chords for a while, she finally found one that hit her in the soft spot. The A Minor chord. She sat there for hours until she finally got some good chord patterns down and made it into the tune of a song she had in mind. She had several drafts of lyrics laid in front of her, just waiting to be the next in line to be crumpled up, and thrown away. She skipped dinner and by 10:00 PM, she finally got the first draft down. She began to strum on the guitar and sing. But what she didn't know was that Sawyer was standing outside listening and tearing up at the lyrics. He always wrote songs that weren't the happiest. But he knew, for her, she really meant it about herself. And even as he wasn't experiencing it himself, it pained him to imagine how sorrowful someone were to be to yearn to end their life or hurt themselves at such a young age. Her voice echoed throughout his mind. [A/N These are actual lyrics from an original song I wrote so I'd really appreciate it if you didn't use these lyrics for a song of your own and take credit :l It has happened to me before with writing and I'm quite upset about it. Please don't do something like that again.] And I said "Wake me with the Morning Light." So he took my heart and held it tight. But he let go. But he let go. He let it go away... It hit the ground hard. And my heart shattered. So I looked far and wide. But they weren't there. They weren't there... So I still don't know what love means. So I still don't know what love means. No, I still don't know what love means... And I said "Wake me with the Morning Light... Won't you mend my heart and hold it tight. So when I'm gone... I'll be waiting for you. I'll be waiting for you. Sleeping in my grave... Sleeping in my grave..." in my grave... She sang the ending and a shot of pain rippled in his body. He only knew so much about her... He heard footsteps approaching the door and panicked. As quick as possible, he dashed out the front door to the pig pen, long hair flying behind him, clutching onto his trusty bowler hat.

(The following night)
Akane POV

Tonight Sawyer's mom treated us to dinner in celebration of Sawyer's new album release. Personally, I would say it's just an excuse for eating out since it was released almost 2 weeks ago.
Either way, I enjoyed it much even if Sawyer's family had to have me order everything for them because they couldn't read the Chinese menu. After the struggle to try to explain to them what was what, here we are driving back home while Sawyer's singing in the car and his brothers are trying to shut him up. I'm just laughing in the background trying not to laugh since my insides are hurting. "Sawyer seriously stop!" "You dumbass! Shut up!" "Gone away fro-" Sawyer was cut off as a 2 against 1 cat fight began between the troublesome brothers. "Boys, break it up!" Kirsten shouted over the ruckus. "-m me. Life is long my love has gon-" Sawyer tried to continue over the fight. "Shut up!!!" "Zip it! Your so annoying!!!" "Why thank you" Sawyer replied cheekily. In this disastrous car, Sawyer was defending himself while trying to continue singing, Skyler and Aric were yelling at him and participating in the cat fight, Kirsten was trying to break it up, Carl was trying to focus on driving and I was laughing so hard it hurt. Suddenly, a siren sounded on the highway and a police car came chasing after a car swiveling back and goth banging the rail. Just as we all looked out the window or at least tried, the car came crashing into us and the last thing I heard were sirens ringing and shouts of terror screeching "AKANE!!!"
________________
Wow... I'm so sorry. I haven't updated in ages! If you didn't know, I was on vacation in Europe and there was almost no wifi since we were mostly hiking or walking around whatever city or countryside we were hanging around. I know, I haven't updated in forever and I just left you with a huge cliffhanger. Must hate me, eh? Sorry! I've got to do what I got to do to write this story. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading! :D