Chapter 13

Akane's POV

My thoughts started to fade away suddenly and my life flashed before my eyes. All the moments from the day I was born to getting into the coma from the car crash. Then it all stopped. My knees felt weak as if all my energy had been sucked out of me. I opened my eyes. I was at some sort of a train station. I could see someone walking towards me. It was my dad. "D-dad?" I asked staring above me. I was still on my knees. "Hey little squirt." He replied. Just like the old days. Where am I? "The middle." "The middle of what?" I was getting really confused. "I don't think I have to answer that for you now do I?" He was right. I knew. I looked at these tracks there were two. I knew what they were for. There was a train that had large cursive white letters on it. It read, 'Onward' "Onward to where?" I asked. "Don't ask rhetorical questions now kiddo. You ain't got all the time in the world." Again, he was right. I just wanted to hear it with my own ears. "You don't have to go with me. I know you've got what you want back there." He said softly. I turned to look at him with eyes full of fear and shame. "I'm not angry. Don't be afraid. I'm happy for you. Now come on. You know where you want to go." He encouragingly shoved me towards the way. I looked back at him with concern and he gave me a reassuring smile. I boarded the train and left, staring out the window as dad waved to me and disappeared.