Chapter 14

Akane's POV

I opened my eyes just to find Sawyer leaning over me staring down below with his soft blue eyes. So caring and loving, boy how I missed my brother. Even though I was adopted. His body launched onto me into a welcoming, crushing hug. Slightly shocked but still settle, I hugged him back as frail as my arms seemed. I let go and I tried to tell him my story. But suddenly, it felt as if it had all gone away. I opened my mouth to speak but the memories were gone. I couldn't remember a single thing that had happened to me in there. I closed my mouth and hugged back to everyone I loved around me, everyone one I missed so dearly that my heart just ached knowing I had gone. I decided to let it go, but it still nagged onto my gut, screaming at me to remember. Pushing it away, I sighed and my attention turned back to my new, better life I loved and knew so dearly. After warm greetings from my loved ones, I suddenly shot up out of the hospital bed and they all stared at me. "What about dad?!" I almost screamed. Adopted or not, I'd still be miserable without him. It seemed as if they're attention was dragged away just like that, realizing their dad wasn't awake yet. They all seemed to race over to his hospital bed and I shot up like a jet as well. His monitor started to constantly beep and his heart rate was going way down...

Carl's POV

I woke up in some sort of train station. My mother stood in front of me and I thought I felt tears well up in my eyes but I already knew I couldn't cry. "Mother.." I tried to hug her but my body went right through her. There was one train that read 'Onward' and the other train was just plain black and red almost like 'The Hogwarts Express' with no words. Its engine had clouds of black that slapped my nose coming out. The 'Onward' train snatched my eyes. I turned to my mother and I knew what was happening. "Im sorry dear. But the train back... its broken down." I knew what was happening right here and now. I looked up to her, afraid. She just nodded. The train whistle blew, it pulled in, and we took hold of each others hands, and onward, we went.

Akane's POV

We raced towards his hospital bed tears practically flying out of our eyes. I was dizzy and trust me, I didn't want to run but I didn't want this to be real either. His heart rate monitor was down to zero. Tears well up in my eyes and ran down my face.  My body was snatched down to his chest as we cried upon our now dead father. The moment was still, fate had a cruel sense of humor indeed. One of the only ones who I loved was gone. Father was dead.