Chapter 11

Scott Clinic medium secure hospital

There were four wards and I went to the six bedded ward the psychiatric intensive care ward. There was one lad there who was younger than me by a few years, a very pretty boy who asked me if I wanted a kiss, I turned him down and profoundly regretted it. All the other patients were older than me, with one middle aged and one old man. At first my movements were very restricted being a category 'A' patient, for a few weeks I was escorted everywhere off the ward by two staff.

I played cards, a form of rummy, with the staff, one of whom knows me now, Andy he was my named nurse, a charge nurse. I often seem to have a charge nurse as a named nurse, another word for them would be a key worker. He has become a doctor, a Phd, who may well know more about me than any man on the planet, except perhaps for the few who know me from a different planet. They have seen me in my woken state (woken meaning without subconscious, or developed).

I was put in the segregation room next to the office on the ward, there were some very strong fit men working on the ward, probable for the purposes of control and restraint.

I enjoyed the view from the window of the countryside.

A game of rummy was played, it was called five hundred, ace's were worth 15 points the ten cards and the pictures were worth ten points, everything else was worth 5 points. We counted down from, or up to five hundred points, either way it was a lot of fun and killed a lot of time. It was irritating when staff were called away to do different jobs, which delayed the game.

We played a lot of chess against people in the same room as opposed to internet chess, which is what I now play.

We also used to play scrabble I scored 96 points for one word, my first ever seven letter word, which was 'shopping' across two double word scores. Of course you get fifty extra points for using all the tiles. I played intensively, it wasn't until I went to Bowmere hospital that I scored over three hundred. Now I feel like I haven't even had a game unless I score over three hundred.

We watched a lot of music videos, me and the other patients. One day on a trip outside to a general hospital in Liverpool, I went for a scan. A new type of brain scan called a CAT scan was done, a chemical imbalance was detected. After discussion in depth I was then medicated, I later enjoyed the Christmas celebrations.

This was around the time I met the man who had found his way into George Harrisons house, Michael had repeatedly stabbed him. That aside he was a nice guy, on the meds, it was the hospitals fault for taking him off them in the first place.

I started to read my notes, and was disgusted at the level of imagination and the standards that some of the nurses sank to. It seems to me it's as though some think it is the their job to suppress the truth. Some patients truly are awful and some of the nurses love that they can speak what they claim is the truth. Well I'm going to bring the whole system down. It's not all down to some idiotic doctors, it's largely, not all but some pathetic nurses and support workers who start the vilification ball rolling.