Chapter 13

Kemple View

On the 12th of August I was admitted to Kemple view hospital in 2002, near Blackburn. It was a private hospital with intensive treatment. I had more money than most because I didn't smoke, the generosity regime continued, I am and will always be my brothers keeper.

The occupational therapists brought in professional entertainers, a previous runner up in pop idol came twice. Sometimes we would watch films or do cooking, there was also education, we enjoyed gym sessions too. I had plenty of reassurance from the elite that I was doing ok.

The company that was supposedly taking care of me had spent £10 million on new buildings to house new patients. There were new offices, brand new occupational equipment and a new building for it. Including a sports suit with state of the art machines that were used on the ISS, (International Space Station) computerised tension equipment weight free. One million pounds was spent on a brand new kitchen.

There was a garden area where a wide variety of plants were grown, we sold some of them on the grounds.

I brought a new XBOX computer to replace my Sega, I played all sorts. Blood Wake was a game where I would race around a great big lake shooting other boats.

In Halo another game which was based on a circular artificial ring World, under attack by a race comprising of different enemies with their various anatomical structures. The human heroes are a crew of genetically enhanced beings trained in lethal combat.

James Bond is an all-time favourite game of mine. I did find this extremely interesting and fun to play and many more besides.

These days I play the same game type in halo over and over again because I can play it with others.

I went to an Argos in Blackburn town centre and brought a computerised chess set which occupied a lot of my time over the next decade or there about. Ultimately I beat it on the highest level once, after a period of playing all day every day for weeks on end.

I went out to Blackpool lights one night with a chippy meal at the end, together with a lot of other patients and staff in a van.

Shortly after I moved to the ward opposite which was almost a mirror image version of my previous ward. I became ward representative, a position I held onto for about two years, I loved helping people in any way I could. This was not the only time I became a representative, I think I became pretty good at dealing with issues.

I occasionally took a walk along the country lanes to the local shops.

My rooms in each ward mirrored each other perfectly, was the pattern coming back. Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention to the dates, so I can't speak of them. First one downstairs then one upstairs exactly as on the previous ward in exactly the same places.

One old man who could not say much picked up a sharp knife in the kitchen and stabbed me with it. Luckily it caught my shoulder blade, so it did not enter my lungs and then he was sent to the ward I was previously on to give distance between us. He was originally on three to one observations. Meanwhile I was given oxygen and sent to a medical hospital in Blackburn to receive stitches.