Equal

Akashi practiced the whole evening with the others but his mind was somewhere else. It's now already past midnight but the screams did not stop. Tamlin's painful screams were everywhere to be heard on a closed hoop, that's the only reason everybody decided to stay awake. The impact of the basketball bouncing on the floor drowned the screams and cries that haunted the whole team. Who knew Tala could be that cruel?

So when it was past 3 in the morning and the screams suddenly stopped everybody could breathe a sigh of relief. As we went up the stairs and headed through the living room Tala passed us. She was covered in blood. No she was showered in blood as if she ripped him open and then took a bath inside his fluids. 

Akashi stopped and looked at her with worry "That took you long enough" 

Tala only shrugged "I told him his death would be slow and painful. I think I was way too generous to him, I should have dragged it on more." Akashi frowned "Do you like hurting people that much?"

Tala looked like he just slapped her across the cheek "I like taking revenge for people who could not justify themself in the first place. I'm just delivering what they deserve, it's not my problem he was a bad person." Akashi nodded before turning her gently in the other direction to the stairs.

"Go to bed everyone, we will start practice tomorrow earlier than today. Be ready" Akashi told his mates in his captain tone, while he pushed me up the stairs to our rooms.

"You need to shower Tala" he stated with his arm wrapped around her shoulder. He couldn't care less that she is covered in blood, as long as it's not her own blood.

"Yea I know sorry..." Tala apologized looking down at her feet. Akashi laughed at her self-consciousness "No worries, love, we'll just clean you up"

Tala looked at him with wide eyes "You mean you wanna shower with me?" Akashi chuckled "You know I never really cared about girls or sex, in fact all I ever cared about was basketball. But as this man threatened you today I was so angry but I felt powerless at the same time. I got scared" he tugged Tala closer to him as they walked down the hallway leading to their rooms. "But you proved to me that I didn't even have to worry, because you handled it perfectly. In moments where I feel powerless you make me feel even more powerful when you're by my side. And I always hated feeling powerless because I was used to be the absolute."

When they reached Talas door he stoped and looked at her "I don't like to rely on someone but I know I can rely on you. I can just feel it."

Tala looked up at his eyes as if he had just gifted her a puppy. Suddenly she jumped and threw her arms around Akashis neck hugging him tightly. She hid her face in his neck with a tight embrace that let all the air leave his lungs. 

Akashi hugged her as if his life depended on it while placing a soft kiss on her head. "I'll always be there to beat their asses when you can't do it" she told him with a serious expression plastered on her face, when she took a moment to separate from the tight hug.

"But I prefer if my partner can defend himself, I want to think of you as an equal and I will make sure that you will become one." Akashis eyes widened as he heard her say partner. Is she that serious about him. Tala noticed his confusion. 

"Seijuro in over 300 years of my existence I never met someone who could have the potential to become my equal. But then I laid my eyes on you. It's not a miracle that I met you, it's destiny. And that's significant"

Tala raised her hand and stoke his cheek softly one time "When I'm finished with your education, then you'll be truly absolute."

As soon as she finished the sentence she kissed him on the cheek and vanished inside her room leaving Akashi dumbfounded.