Chapter 3: Audition

[Ricky]

"Hi Ricky, sorry for leaving you alone yesterday", Josh says while entering the shop. "It's all good", I smile at him, "I hope your girlfriend is well?", I ask. "Yeah thanks, she is better now. So, what did I miss?", he asks while we make our way towards the counter. "Not much, some friends of yours were here to leave some flyers", I tell him while giving him one of the flyers. He starts laughing, "Oh man, Chris is so fucking weird. Who puts that on a flyer?". Chris? Is that his name, I wonder. "Haha yeah, but they seemed quite nice, well I only talked to one of them...", I ramble. "Yeah, probably Chris. Tall guy, lots of tattoos and piercings, long black hair?", Josh says. I nod. "He is the singer, we went to high school together. Ryan, he, and I were really close friends, still are actually", he smiles. He tells me some stories from their high school years while we are working together. The more he tells me about Chris, the more I want to get to know him. I wish I had friends like them back in high school.

Time skip

[Chris]

Over the last days we got a few calls and messages regarding our flyers. So we scheduled an audition for this weekend in the garage of Ryan's uncle where we always practice.

So far, the people that auditioned were just awful. Not that we are a good band, not by any means, but those people were just... I don't even know how to describe it, they just didn't fit in our small group. "This is fucking exhausting", Justin groans. "To be honest, the last one actually was kind of good, if he didn't give such asshole vibes", Ryan says. "Yeah, true. To be honest, I liked the second one", I say. "Fuck off, Chris. It seemed like he never touched a guitar before", Ryans answers. "He just liked him because he was hot", Vinny says to Ryan. I blush and they start laughing, "Yeah, maybe", I mumble and also start laughing. 

We start packing our stuff away and I think about what we could do today. "Does someone want to go back to the record shop, catching up with Balz?", I ask. "Can't", Justin says, "I promised my girlfriend to go to dinner with her parents today." Vinny yawns, "I will straight go to bad, I'm fucking tired". Vinny is tired all the time, it's not even afternoon and he is thinking about going to bed. I look at Ryan. "So, you want to catch up with Balz and this has nothing to do with the new guy working there?", he smirked. Fuck, he knows me just too well. I just smile at him, and he nods, so we say goodbye to the others and walk to my car.

We enter the record shop and are greeted by Balz. "Hey guys, how is it going?". "Hey man, haven't seen you in a while", Ryan says while I take a look around the shop to see if the other guy is working today. "Have you guys already found a second guitarist?", Balz asks. Ryan sighs and shakes his head. "Well I saw your flyer, good job Chris", Balz laughs. "Thank you, at least one appreciates my humor!" I grin at him. Ryan just sighs again, and we start chatting about random stuff while walking through the shop. 

In one aisle the new guy is working and re-organizing some records. He looks at us and smiles. Balz is walking in his direction and introduces us, "Guys, this is Ricky, he moved here from Seattle and worked here for a few weeks now". Ricky, what a perfect name for a perfect human being I think. He gives us a small smile and waves. How can one be so cute? "Ricky, this is Ryan, and the tall one is Chris. The guys I went to high school with and told you about. And I guess you kind of already met them", Balz finishes the introduction. "Yeah", Ricky smiles, "nice to finally have your names and not having to call you Sledgehammer again", he says looking at me and starts laughing. Balz and Ryan start laughing too and I just glare at them. "I already like him", Ryan says and gives Ricky a high five.

[Ricky]

I don't know Chris really well, but he is just too cute when he blushes. And Ryan seems like such a cool guy, I really hope I will see them more often. "Soooo," Josh says and I know he is up to no good. "Since you still haven't found a guitarist, maybe Ricky could help you guys out". We all are looking at Josh with shocked faces. I will never tell him anything about myself again! "You play guitar?", Chris and Ryan ask at the same time. "Yeah", I simply say and avoid eye contact. "Why didn't you say anything?", Chris asks and smiles at me. "Well, I'm not that good...", I answer. "I guess we will have to find out about that", Ryan says, before going to the counter and coming back with a piece of paper and an address on it. Meet us there tomorrow at 4", he smiles at me. I take the paper and look at it, before just nodding. Chris flashes me a huge smile and they leave.

"Fuck you Josh, why did you do that?", I whisper yell. He just laughs, "Well, they are looking for a guitarist and you are a guitarist", he shrugs. I glare at him, "Yeah but I'm not good enough, this will be so fucking embarrassing...". Josh puts a hand on my shoulder, "Hey, you really don't have to worry. They are really cool people and even if you don't want to join their band, you will definitely get along with them", he says and I smile at him. "And Chris for sure thinks you have a pretty face, so at least you meet the requirements", he says while walking away and laughing. I blush and go back to work. Fuckkkk.

[Chris]

"I will message the guys to let them know to meet us at the garage tomorrow", Ryan says texting on his phone while I drive him back to his place. I just nod, still thinking about the possibility that Ricky will join our band. Fuck, he is so cute, I don't think I can concentrate when he is in the same room. "Hello, Chris? Are you even listening or are you already planning your wedding?", Ryan asks and waves his hand in front of my eyes. "Sorry", I mutter and smile at him. We arrive at his place and he opens the door. "Anyway, I see you tomorrow", he says and closes the door. I drive back to my place. Tomorrow can't come fast enough. I really have to thank Balz for suggesting or more like forcing Ricky to audition for us.