Training, sparring, and pure hell!

"For our families... I'll continue to fight..."

"For Tatara"

"For Haruto"

"For Sumire..."

The brown haired man with emerald eyes clutches his unsheathed sword before inhaling and exhaling.

"For everyone."

THE HUNTER WITH CHANGE.

Rebirth.

Book one: Shadows.

Training, sparring, and pure hell.

February 2nd

Haruto squeezes his hands as he punches them both into the sliced up floorboard of his house "WHY WHY WHY! GODDAMNIT!" He looks at his hands which are now bleeding. He then looks around at his family's dead bodies, throwing up on the floor as tears flood his face. He looks up at his destroyed ceiling as snow lands on him. The panic and fear in his eyes hits once again.

Tatara...

Token...

Sumire...

That damn demon...

His eyes fill with rage as he thinks of whoever doing this could still be in his own village. He grabs Shido's sword and holds onto it tightly. "I'm sorry, everyone. I'll be heading out!" He rushes out the door holding the sword.

Rengoku rushes through the town at blinding speeds trying to find the demon. He sees Haruto but keeps running. 'I want to help that boy... I want to comfort him! But I must complete my mission!' He thinks to himself. Suddenly a house seems to explode, wood flying around the house as a powerful gust of wind comes from it. "Am I too late?!" Rengoku shouts as he rushes over.

Tatara is inside his house. He runs into every room looking for his family but can't find them anywhere. He notices blood all over the hallways but tries to keep his mind in a good place."Where are you guys?!" He shouts. He only ends up finding his nine year old sister Yukki, stabbed in her stomach. "YUKKI!!!" He shouts as he holds her in his arms, checking if she's still breathing. "PLEASE PLEASE BE OKAY!!!"

Rengoku rushes to the destroyed house, seeing Token on his knees shaking in fear as a giant metallic bird demon stands on the floor of the destroyed house, holding Token's mom up by her foot. "GIVE HER BACK!!!" Token shouts. Rengoku rushes forward, instantly drawing his sword and performing the first form of flame breathing, he only slightly scratches the giant bird's metal as it drops Token's mom into his mouth. "NOOOOOO!!! MOM!!!! I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!!!

Haruto runs over to Token's house while gripping Shido's sword. While running, he comes across a mysterious and tall man with dark purple hair. He holds a sheathed sword. "YOU!!! YOU'RE THE ONE WHO KILLED MY FAMILY... AREN'T YOU?!" Haruto shouts while gripping the sword. The man doesn't say a word as he pulls his sword out. He finally speaks coldly towards Haruto.

"You are merely a fish in a pond..." He then instantaneously swings his katana, sending out a ranged slash that glows purple, it cuts the ground next to Haruto and makes him lose his balance. Haruto stumbles onto the ground. "Trying to swim in the oceans..." He finishes saying as he walks away from the grounded Haruto.

The man walks up to the bird. "It's time to go. We got what we came for." The man hops onto the bird. "What about killing the hashira? We have the perfect chance right here." The bird replies. "We'll have our chance later. Let's go."