First mission! The eye, muscle, and mysterious demon!

{Demon Hunting}

"Sumire..."

"I'm sorry I couldn't help you back then..."

"I promise that with everything I have."

"With every ounce of strength."

"I'll bring back that beautiful smile of yours."

"I'll revive that fading light within you."

"Hang in there, Sumire. Your smile will return."

Haruto looks up a flowery hill, seeing Sumire standing there in the sunset.

THE HUNTER WITH CHANGE

REBIRTH

Book one: shadows.

First mission! The eye, muscle, and mysterious demon!

March 15th

The second Haruto steps into the town he instantly senses demon activity, Demons have clearly been active in this town recently. "I can feel a demon's presence in the air. Just how long has it been here..." Haruto looks up at the sky. "Still a few more hours until nighttime..." He looks over at Sumire. "Sumire, your clothes are quite old... Want me to buy you some new things to wear?" 

Sumire turns to Haruto and smiles, nodding her head. After browsing the shops Haruto and Sumire walk out with a new outfit for her. Haruto checks into a hotel so that he and Sumire have a place to stay until nightfall. Sumire tries on her new clothes. She's now wearing a dark blue kimono with a white haori. The haori has light blue lines running along the bottom of it with snowflakes. Night time arrives and Haruto leaves the hotel with Sumire.

"Now where is that de-" Haruto frantically looks around and tries to focus. "I can feel it... In the air... This way!" Haruto runs down the dirt roads of the town towards the demon. 'Bringing Sumire with me should be okay... After all...

"When she first woke up she had the same presence as a demon! But shortly after she seemed to be a human again. I don't know what she is! But, if she's a demon then don't hesitate to behead her!" Rengoku shouts. "I agree... Something about her is different. Every now and then the feeling she has... It's that of a demon..." Haruto replies.

"My intuition... Rengoku's word... She should be fine! I just have that feeling!" Haruto runs until he reaches a long road with large wood fences on either side, leading to backyards. Suddenly! Haruto feels something behind him! 

Without hesitation he pulls his sword out and slices. There is an eyeball about the size of a palm that's opened with a mouth and teeth is floating there. Haruto slices it in half, causing it to disintegrate.

"A DEMON SLAYER EH! If I kill at least fifty of you guys... I'll fight for a lower moon spot! Isn't that great!" The demon has short yellow hair and eyes. Its skin has practically turned gray. "This demon must be the one who made that attack with the eye earlier." Haruto says as he grips his sword. Multiple more eyes appear and charge for Haruto.

Haruto quickly slashes the eyes away, destroying them. "It seems these are quite rapid. He plans on wearing me down so that killing me will be easier. So I just need to close in on him!" Haruto deeply inhales as he grips his sword.

Haruto: Flame breathing: First form, unknowing flame! Manifest! Singing birds of the morning flame!

The flames on Haruto's katana form into fiery birds that have a beautiful chirp. Haruto dashes around slicing the eyes up. However, he missed one that's right behind him. The eye opens up revealing its mouth, trying to bite Haruto.