Chapter 6

The class everyone had really been looking forward to was Defense Against the Dark Arts, but Quirrell's lessons turned out to be a bit of a joke.

His classroom smelled strongly of garlic, which everyone said was to ward off a vampire he'd met in Romania and was afraid would be coming back to get him one of these days.

His turban, he told them, had been given to him by an African prince as a thank-you for getting rid of a troublesome zombie, but they weren't sure they believed this story.

Lucifer even started making paper planes and started flying them during the class. Susan bones and Abbott were trying very hard to get their hands on them, but Hermione just rolled her eyes and pinched her nose.

For one thing, when Seamus Finnegan asked eagerly to hear how Quirrell had fought off the zombie, Quirrell went pink and started talking about the weather; and they had noticed that a funny smell hung around the turban, and the Weasley twins, Ron[s brothers, insisted that it was stuffed full of garlic as well, so that Quirrell was protected wherever he went.

"What have we got today?" Lucifer asked Hermione as he sat down at the Gryffindor table .

"Double Potions with the Slytherins," Harry answered for him, shocking Ron (who didn't like him).

"Snape's Head of Slytherin House. My brother said he always favors their lot -- we'll be able to see if it's true," said Ron whose mouth is still full of food and pieces were flowing everywhere.

"Wish McGonagall favored us," said Harry.

Just then, the mail arrived. Lucifer wondered if he got any then suddenly Rowena approached his table and pushed her leg towards him.

After giving her favourite treats, he started reading his letter.

Lucifer,

Hey it's me here. Don't worry I haven't destroyed your pub yet.

But I am surprised you haven't killed or blown up someone's head up, until now?

There are no prison threats, so I am assuming everything is going OK then?

Mazikeen

“Was there even a need to write this?” Lucifer found it quite astonishing, and he wasn't stupid enough to think that, “How many drafts were sacrificed for this final piece?” he was muttering something like that under his breath.

Hermione who was sitting beside him heard everything and couldn't help but cover her mouth. But it was really very difficult, she was about to burst out laughing at any moment.

She didn't want to be labelled as a perverted girl, who likes to enjoy at other people's inability to even write a few words.

________________

Potions lessons took place down in one of the dungeons. It was colder here than up in the main castle, and would have been quite creepy enough without the pickled animals floating in glass jars all around the walls.

"Wow, this looks like a real Batcave " Lucifer told Hermione who was giggling at what he was saying.

Harry also heard him and started chuckling. Ron was the only one who looked confused , like he always do.