Chapter 7

The next day, Lucifer noticed a poster in the common room stating that Flying Lessons would be starting on Thursday. Gryffindor and Slytherin would be learning together. He was quite curious using a broomstick. 

He certainly flew before without it many times.

Also, Malfoy certainly talked about flying a lot, and complained loudly about first years never getting on the house Quidditch teams and told long, boastful stories that always seemed to end with him narrowly escaping Muggles in helicopters. 

He wasn't the only one, though: the way Seamus Finnegan told it, he'd spent most of his childhood. zooming around the countryside on his broomstick.

Even Weasley would tell anyone who'd listen about the time he'd almost hit a hang glider on one of his brothers old broom. Everyone from wizarding families talked about Quidditch constantly. Apparently Weasley had already had a big argument with Dean Thomas, who shared their dormitory, about football. 

Ron couldn't see what was exciting about a game with only one ball where no one was allowed to fly.

Hermione was very nervous about flying and she was clearly not happy with that stupid smirk on her best friend's face. 

Lucifer and Hermione were up early on the following Thursday morning, like usual, but Hermione was not ready for this class at all.

"Why not? It could be useful, learning to ride on a broomstick," Lucifer said, which still felt weird to say, despite having enough time to get used to the Wizarding World.

"I just don't like the idea of getting very high off the ground that 's all ..." Hermione said with uncertainty.

"So, you have a phobia of height or....just don't like being on a high ground without any safety belts?" he said with a smile plastered stupidly on his face.

After some thinking, she said dismally "Maybe both" 

Lucifer was not that much interested in playing Quidditch but curious about flying without using his wings. 

He was brought from his thoughts when Hermione suddenly walked away from him, "Where are you going?"

"The Library," was all she said, exiting the Common Room now that the curfew had been officially lifted. Lucifer didn't quite know what Hermione was going to find there, but even after just a week, he knew to not try and stop her.

Later at breakfast, he found out why Hermione went to the Library. She read up, rather quickly at that, a book called Quidditch Through the Ages. Had he known, he actually would have tried stopping her, because you can't read on how to fly. It's like riding a bike or driving a car, you can read up all you want, but until you actually try, you don't know how easy or difficult it will be.

Hermione had been explaining to everyone what the book said, and Neville was hanging on every word, since he didn't know how to fly either. Lucifer analysed the looks on everyone's faces and decided to intervene, "Granger," he said, drawing her from her speech, everyone thankful she stopped, "I don't want to sound rude saying this, but you can't learn how to fly from reading a book. It's something that comes with experience."

She seemed to realize her error and stopped talking about the book, "It's still a good read, for anyone interested in Quidditch....but there are also spells to wake people up after being unconscious and vice versa," she said quietly before going silent altogether.