Chapter 16

Lucifer found out he had an affinity for casting spells correctly and efficiently on his first or second try. 

The practical application of spells was the most fun of any of the classes, he thought, and he was good at it, he wouldn't lie. 

The Practical Application of spells could only get you so far, though, so when Hermione suggested they start revising their notes, and making up time-tables for doing so, he was in agreement. 

It was the smart way to go about it since their exams were now roughly ten weeks away. 

Harry and Ron didn't understand why they had started revising, but oh, when they had asked, Hermione set him straight, "What am I revising for? Are you mad?" They just blinked as they looked at her.

"I'll take that as a yes," Lucifer whispered to her.

She ignored him, "You realize we need to pass these exams to get into Second Year, right? They're very important, I should've started studying a month ago, honestly."

"Weasely's not wrong this time you already know all of it, like I do, that's why I am just going to rest until next weekend" Lucifer smirked at her, but Hermione got irritated and thought about her 53rd way of removing that smirk. 

At night, Lucifer started reading more about disillusionment spell and occlumency. To be honest, he just didn't want to use Harry's stolen cloak every time.  

Much to Harry's and Ron's dismay, the teachers thought along the same lines as Hermione and began piling on the homework, which, of course, meant the Easter Holiday wasn't nearly as enjoyable as the Christmas one, but Lucifer and Hermione were able to enjoy it some because they got their homework done asap.

While, leaving the last two days of break free to do whatever their heart desired, which to Hermione, that meant more revisions for their exams a couple months from then and her extra curricular activities at night, which only meant settling between Lucifer's legs, and do more practice, like she thought earlier.

_________

The four of them were in the Library one afternoon, Harry and Ron were seemingly bored out of their damn minds, not that Lucifer could exactly blame them, but he didn't find the studying to be a chore. 

That didn't mean he thought they should spend all of their free time doing this, but he figured he should at least get First Year out of the way before suggesting to her that they tone it back a little bit.

Lucifer was playing, with his gold coin when Ron spoke up, "Hagrid! What are you doing in the Library?"

The tall man himself shuffled into view, hiding something behind his back. He looked rather out of place, being in his moleskin overcoat, and just the fact he was incredibly tall, "Jus' lookin'," he said in a shifty voice that got their interest at once. "An' what are you lot up ter?" He asked, suddenly looking suspicious, "Yer not still lookin' fer Nicholas Flamel, are yeh?"

"Oh, no we found out who he is ages ago," Ron said, sounding impressed with himself. "And we know what that dog's guarding, it's the Phil-" he didn't get to finish as Harry smacked his shoulder.

Hagrid looked around quickly to see if anyone was paying attention to them, "Don' go shoutin' about that, what's the matter with yeh?"