Chapter 2 (Rewritten): Awakened

The air was filled with a crisp winter wind. The kind that makes your face feel numb after being outside for too long. The land around was covered in a thick layer of snow. The sound of water can be heard in the distance, and on the ground lay a boy. 

As the sun began to rise, the boy began to wake up. Letting out groans as he tossed and turned.

"...ugh...uhh-wha-?" the boy said as he started to get up.

He placed himself up, looking around the area only to find a snow plain and endless trees. "Where am I?" He asked, of course to no response.

The boy finally decided to stand on his two feet. The first thing he noticed afterward was his interesting clothing. He was dressed in a large black cloak that almost went down to his feet. There were purple strips that went through the edges of the cloak, and a single button holding the thing together in the middle. The button was a swirl pattern with colors of purple and gold. The outfit was also complimented with black gloves, no patterns, no colors, just plain black gloves.

Alright. That's enough focusing on that. I've got bigger problems. Suddenly, the boy was hit with a huge headache. Putting his hands on his head as he let out a light scream.

The ache didn't last long, though the pounding in his head continued and showed no signs of stopping. What was that? My head hurts. The boys paused. wait...Something's wrong. My memory is hazy. He started to panic a little.

No, no, no. I can't focus on that right now. I'm sure it'll pass. I've got bigger problems right now. He stopped, looking straight ahead in a random direction he picked. For now, I've got to find something. Someone. I'll figure everything out from there.

The boy made up his mind and headed straight forward. It's as good an idea as any. He thought to himself. Passing by tree after tree, hitting branch after branch. It started to seem like this was a waste of time. It must have been a few hours. hell, it could be the afternoon.

Of course, he didn't walk the whole time. With occasional breaks, this mission was starting to seem like a bust. There was something off though. A feeling he couldn't shake. The entire time, he couldn't help but feel like someone was watching him. Someone or something threatening.

Despite this, he carried on. Trying to ignore the terrible feeling. Besides, everyone knows that if you're being followed or stalked, you don't want the person to know that you know. Or else they might act.

Through the forest, the boy spotted something that caught his eye. Immediately after spotting this thing, he took his chance. Going straight after it, he just wanted to get out of this wooden maze.

He walked into an open area, actually, the area was huge. The first thing he noticed was a huge arch that read "Welcome to the Lucan Isle." passed the arch, the boy could see what seemed to be a town or village in the distance. Finally civilization. He thought. Attempting to run through the arch, only to be stopped suddenly.

Within an instant, a creature stood in between him and the arch. This creature was fast, there was no time to react.

Is this the source of that feeling earlier? He thought. He stumbled back as the creature stood there, he held a long sword and pointed directly at the boy. Apart from the sword, the first thing the boy noticed about this creature was its appearance.

The creature was strangely animalistic. It looked like a cat. With black and white fur spread throughout its entire body, and a large black tail. Wait, haven't I heard of these things before? What were they again? Anthros? The boy thought.

The creature appeared to be a man, with a large sheath on the left side of his hip. He was dressed in mostly black attire, along with a small black jacket.