Chapter 3 (Rewritten): Wanted

[In the country of the mainlands]

The crowd of people stood huddled around an open field. In front of them all was a huge stage, covered by a red curtain. Rows of tables surrounded everyone, full of snacks and beverages.

Stood by the southernmost table, trying to keep away from the crowd, was Niko. He was wearing his hooded cloak, along with a purple bandana that covered his mouth. The only details you could make out were his tan skin and green eyes.

Niko was trying to cover himself up despite not actually being wanted or having done anything wrong. He was just playing it safe.

He walked over to a bowl that held plain salted crackers and started eating them. Damn, when is this thing gonna start? I don't wanna be here all day. He complained

As soon as he said that, a man walked up on stage. tapped his mic to see if it was working, and started talking.

"Hello and welcome everyone! I'm so glad to see you all here today! As I'm sure you're all aware, we've got a special day coming up! And our glorious leader has come to give some special announcements! Please give your attention and all your respect to our wonderful leader: CAESAR!" The announcer said.

The crowd erupted into cheers and applause before he even showed up.

Geez. full of yourself much, king? Niko made himself chuckle at the remark.

The red curtains opened, revealing a tall and bulky man. His eyes were a bright blue, and his hair a golden blonde. He was wearing a big red cape, decorated in fur. To symbolize his royalty.

Oh my god! And I thought he couldn't look stupider. Niko laughed again.

The man took the mic and tapped twice. The crowd immediately went silent. Waiting to hear him.

"Hello everyone. In one week and one day, we'll be celebrating the anniversary of our victory over the country Gardenia." Caesar said.

The crowd again burst into cheers. Caesar started back up again once the cheers faded.

"First of all, I would just like to thank you all for being here. It's been an honor to serve you as your king." He bowed. And yet again, the crowd erupted.

Now this guy is just pissing me off. Niko rolled his eyes.

"Now I want to tell you a story in honor of our celebration coming up. The story of how we defeated Gardenia and all the citizens that tried to revolt against us." Caesar said.

Oh right. The Winter War I think they called it. My dad fought in that. Maybe this will be interesting. They probably twisted the truth to make themselves look better though. Niko pondered

Caesar prepared himself and let out a little "ahem.". "So as I'm sure you all know, almost exactly 25 years ago we had a war. A terrible war that killed hundreds, maybe even thousands. We call this the Winter War. And it all started with two malicious anthros. Matthew Coleworth, and his brother Aaron Coleworth. The two of them, along with two unidentified anthros, sailed the sea in search of a new country to make their own. They found land and settled, creating Gardenia." Caesar makes dramatic movements with almost every sentence. It was maybe too over the top.

"Time had passed, a month to be exact. They felt they had created a country where they were the rulers. They had the power. And who knew when they would strike? Matthew Coleworth was a crazy man, hell-bent on obtaining power for himself. So with a whole country to himself and malleable citizens, he could become unstoppable. So we had to step in."

"Unfortunately at the time, we had a horrible king. His name was Harris. And he supported this traitorous display. I knew then that his time as king would have to end. I challenged him to a fight, knowing I would win. And I did. I took over as king, banishing Harris and his men from our country. He was never seen again. After that, we attacked Gardenia, leaving it in ashes. Now we are the only country left. This war just went to show how we may never be defeated!"