Chapter 4 (Rewritten): Lost Flower

~~~

Gardenia

[Friday, December 9, 1887. One week before the festival.]

"Alright, we can take it from here." Maddie came up from behind Aaron. "Why don't you take the rest of the day off? I'm sure Sakura would like that."

Aaron, Maddie, and Robin were preparing for the upcoming festival. Setting up decorations, booths, tents, and schedules.

If there was one thing Aaron cared about, it was that this needed to be perfect.

Aaron let out a sigh. "I don't know...I mean, are we sure this is enough." referring to the festival.

"Don't worry about a thing. We're on track to finish setting everything up before the deadline." She reassured. "Tell ya what, Robin, and I will continue working while you go and have some fun huh?"

Aaron let out another exhausted sigh. "Alright, alright. Just...try to make this as good as it could be. This is an important event, and I don't want-"

Maddie interrupted him by pushing him away from them. "Go, go! We've got everything taken care of." She laughed.

"I'm putting my trust in you. Don't mess it up." Aaron said.

"Just go!" She pushed again.

—-

Aaron spent his time strolling through the town. He could have gone home, but he didn't feel like seeing Sakura at the moment. The thought of visiting Matthew's grave came to mind, but he decided against it.

He ended up walking for a while, lost in thought. That tournament Darius talked about is coming up, maybe I should train? Ugh, it doesn't matter, I'm already good enough. There's no need to train.

After a while, snow began to fall. At first, this was just any ordinary snowfall. However, after some time, the snow started to pick up. Getting faster and faster.

Geez, what the hell going on? Winds became heavy and the snow got faster to the point where it was incredibly intense. A blizzard!? At this time!?

Aaron started heading towards his house but came to a halt. Shit! What about the festival? The decorations? Ugh, whatever. I'll deal with it later! He continued his rush home.

Aaron rushed in the direction his house was in. People were still outside, scurrying back home. But Aaron was stopped by one of these people. Her face was full of concern.

"Sir, you're Aaron right? Please, I saw someone enter the woods over there." the lady pointed to a forest close by. "From what I know, there are no houses on that side of the land. He might not make it past this storm."

Aaron let out a sigh. "Right. Don't worry ma'am, I'll make sure they get home safely."

"Oh thank you, thank you! And please don't get hurt yourself. This storm seems to only be getting worse."

"Don't worry about me. Fire manipulation is my addition. If worse comes to worse, I'll be able to at least keep myself warm." he assured.

"How convenient," she said, relieved. "I need to hurry home. Even with the fire, please stay safe." she ran off, waving to Aaron.

"You should be careful too. Get inside as soon as possible!" He said.

Aaron turned to the forest and headed in that direction. Only taking around 10 minutes to finally be inside.

Aaron traversed the forest, trying to avoid any loose branches. The fast snow made it hard to see clearly, but Aaron was able to manage. The forest isn't thick, making it easy to reach the end in a short amount of time.