Their Fight

"Help me.." the words ran through Magnifico like a chill, making his blood run cold. His wife needed him. She was still in there, and it sounded as though she was in pain.

"Help me.." the words kept repeating in his head over and over. He didn't want to hear it, didn't want to know that his beloved Amaya was so afraid of what was happening to her, but he knew he needed to. It made him want to take action. Drove him forward.

And so, he clung to those words as he pushed himself to his feet. He let her voice circle his head as he locked eyes with the entity possessing his wife.

No one was going to take Amaya from him. Not Asha. Not the Star. Not his people. And certainly not the creature he had released in his desperation to protect his Kingdom and his wife.

His fists clenched at his sides as Amaya's form moved closer, green light spilling from her fingers once more, intent on binding him, crushing him as it had moments earlier. Only this time, Magnifico was not going to give in, he was going to fight, he wasn't going to let his fear of hurting Amaya stop him from saving her. Amaya needed him, and so he released his own magic, letting it explode from him like a pulse of energy, watching as it gripped Amaya's body around the chest, the way the Forbidden Magic had just gripped him.

Amaya's body thrashed and twisted as his magic surrounded her, holding her firmly. Magnifico panted, the force needed to keep her contained was more energy-draining than he had expected. He wasn't going to be able to do this alone. He needed help.

"Asha.." he breathed, glancing at the younger girl, who was staring in horror at the bound form of the Queen, with an occasional look towards the silent crowd who still struggled against the vines holding them in place.

"Asha!" Magnifico spoke a little louder to catch her attention. Asha looked at the King, finally snapping out of the trance that had frozen her in place and moving towards him.
"I need your help. I need you to go and.." Magnifico dipped his voice, whispering instructions softly to Asha, hoping that what he was asking was going to help him save his sweet wife.

"Oh, isn't this cosy?" the Queen's voice made them both pause and look to her. She had broken free of Magnifico's hold and was stalking towards them like a predator hunting its prey.
"You forgive so easily, Magnifico. After spending weeks venting to me, talking about how one day you'd be free to crush the one that you blamed for all of this, to crush her... After all the pain she caused you. Now you're siding with her, over your WIFE?"

"You're not my wife. And Asha is just a child." Magnifico stepped protectively in front of Asha. The young girl looked at him, a frown on her face, as though she wanted to argue about whether or not she was a child, but she decided against it. The King was doing this to protect her, after all. With trembling fingers, Asha took out her wand, wanting to be able to defend herself in case Amaya should attack again.

"You were so angry with her. So ready for revenge." Amaya smirked "The things you wanted to do to her for ruining your Kingdom, for taking away your wife."

"Yes. I was angry. Asha's comments about giving back the wishes made me angry, her ability to call the star made me.. angry, and afraid. I thought someone was coming for my Kingdom and I lashed out. I let you in and I regret it. I forgive Asha," Magnifico said, looking the entity straight in the eye.
"I forgive her, I forgive all of them, so that you can't use my emotions against me again."

"Well... I don't!" Amaya's lips curved into a wicked smile and she used her magic to flick Magnifico aside like he was nothing. As Amaya moved closer, Asha raised her wand, pointing it at the Queen's face, her hand trembling.

"Always so foolish, Asha. Do you never use your brain?" Amaya cackled, a misty green hand reached out, grabbing Asha's wand, snapping it in two with one hard squeeze.
"Did you really think that THAT would save you?" The Queen laughed again, raising her hand to use magic against Asha once more.