Chapter 17: Volcano

December 20 2023 (Three Months Later)

Three months have passed since Desmond and Annabelle broke up from their loving relationship, It was impossible for their friends to believe they actually broke up, but it was their decision and they chose to go for it, Despite the hard decision, Their friends were still by their sides but still had hope that they would be together again.

Annabelle and Desmond moved on from each other and never spoke to each other even though they still work at the same place, but they are still happy while moving on.

Meanwhile, Annabelle and her friends were seen at the office as they were talking to each other, cracking jokes, and were laughing at them.

Annabelle: Amanda, Please say a bad joke.

Amanda: How does a penguin build its house? Igloos it together. . . Oh god, I just said that.

Even though it was a bad joke, the girls started laughing together as Julianne said something.

Julianne: That's kinda good but not too good, hahaha. Anyways, my turn.

Julianne took a deep breath as Amanda and Annabelle were excited to hear what she was going to say.

Julianne: What's the difference between a piano and a fish? You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

They laughed again as Annabelle lightly smacked Julianne's hand as the girls looked at each other while smiling.

Annabelle: That was kinda cringe!

Julianne: Hahaha, I know! Now it's your turn, Annabelle.

Annabelle: Okay. . . . Why did the scarecrow get promoted? Because he was outstanding in his field.

The girls looked at her until they started laughing as Annabelle was giggling.

Amanda: I didn't get it at first, but now I did, hahaha!

Julianne: So, who said the worst joke?

Annabelle: It's you, Julianne.

They continued laughing as Annabelle was fixing her hair while looking at them, She had been doing better since the breakup. However, she does think about Desmond from time to time, She also talks to Henry very often at work.

Julianne: Thanks, Strawberry Shortcake.

She spoke with sarcasm as Amanda and Julianne were laughing. However, Annabelle's smile faded away and felt her heart skip a beat when Julianne called her that, She remembered one certain person that called her that.

~Memory~

Annabelle: I love Strawberry.

Desmond: *Smiles* I should call you Strawberry Shortcake.

~ Present Time~

Annabelle was staring at her friends and began thinking about what Desmond said to her, Her friends continued laughing as Annabelle gave a small smile to them.