Destination Coronation

At the Cerise Laboratory, Y/N is on his Rotom phone to look at the World Coronation Series ranks and participants. 

Y/N: Wow there over 10,000 trainers!

Goh: That the World Coronation Series for you! It's really popular!

Y/N: That awesome! It means we get to meet new trainers and battle them too! This gonna be so fun, right Riolu?

Riolu: Rio!

Professor Cerise: Every participant start in the normal class. And a Trainer's momentum depends on how they do in their first match. That first battle is important.

Y/N: Right. We'll do our best to win.

Goh: What are you going to do?

Y/N: Well, if I want to battle battle Leon, first I need to rank up to the Great Class. So the best way to do that is to challenge the best trainers in the Normal Class!

Riolu: olu!

Ren: That a great idea. I heard that boost your ranking all in one shot, all you have to do is battle a Trainer who's already pretty high in the rankings. 

Y/N: I wonder where can I find a strong trainer who's in the Normal Class.

Professor Cerise: Try searching Turffield Town. It's a town not too far from here.

Y/N: Okay

Y/N searches from his Rotom Phone for any strong trainers in Turffield Town and found a trainer who's ranked 2,109th in the Normal Class.

Y/N: I'll battle this trainer!

Professor Cerise: Ranked 2,109? That's the Turffield Gym Leader.

Y/N: Really? This guy's a Galar Gym Leader?

Professor Cerise: He will be a pretty formidable opponent. The Gym leaders here in Galar are a lot stronger than average Gym Leaders. There are some Gym Leaders that are as strong as Elite Four members.

Goh: You sure you want a tough opponent right off the bat?

Y/N: Of course! I'm all fired up!

Riolu: Riolu!

Y/N quickly prepared for his battle by bringing the Pokemon he's going to use and put on his Dynamax Band. Y/N, Riolu, Goh, and Scorbunny are now heading towards Turffield. On route 4, Goh and Scorbunny decided to a detour to some Pokemon while Y/N and Riolu kept going straight to Turffield Town. 

Meanwhile at Turffield Gym, the Gym Leader had just defeated a challenger

Meanwhile at Turffield Gym, the Gym Leader had just defeated a challenger. The challenger thanked him for the battle and left to go to the Pokemon Center.

 The challenger thanked him for the battle and left to go to the Pokemon Center