𝐥𝐱𝐯𝐢 ~ 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲

~ Your relationship with Knox has been rocky, but tonight truly will test it's boundaries ~

ψ

You knew this was a bad idea.

Storming out of Chris' house with a pissed-off expression, you fold your winter coat over your chest and walk to your car, your head partially down to withstand the heavily falling snow.

"[Name], wait!" Knox calls over your shoulder, slamming the front door behind him and thundering down the icy sidewalk to reach you.

"Please, Knox, I don't want to associate myself with you," you say coldly, but this does nothing to deter your boyfriend. Or maybe you should say, ex-boyfriend.

"[Name], if you would just listen to me, you would know that I never meant to hurt you," Knox continues, stopping you by making you face him. "I didn't want to kiss her, she was drunk and she's got the same hair color as you, so I didn't hesitate to kiss back!"

"I don't want your dumb excuses, you asshole," you seethe, trying to step around him.

"Just stop!" he shouts, making you turn your face up to him. "[Name], I need you to stop. I get that you're mad — hell, I would be, too! But you need to understand me. I'm not making excuses, I'm telling the truth. We've had our ups and downs, but I don't care because I've loved you since we were in the eighth grade. You're the only one for me and I don't give two shits what anyone else has to say. So please, listen to me."

You drop your hands and stare up at him for a second before pushing him away by his chest. His expression changes to shock as you hiss, "You really think you can get away with kissing another girl by love bombing me?! I'm not like every other stupid bitch, Knox! And if it takes you this long to see that I don't want you around me anymore, then you can live with it."

Knox's heart snaps in two, and it shows. Tears threaten to spill from his eyes as he gasps. "What? I — I'm not l-love bombing anyone. I don't even know what the hell that means! I didn't mean to kiss her and I messed up big time. No amount of apologizing will make up for that. But please, just know that however much you hate me, I love you all the same."

This time you stop and really look at him. You have been in toxic relationships before and that's why you snapped at your boyfriend; you were certain he would do the same as your other exes. But now he was pulling on a string of your heart that hadn't been touched in years, and now you were feeling guilty. Guilty that you had hurt the one you loved, even if you thought you were in the right.

"You . . ." You suck in a deep breath. "You love me, Knox? Really?"

He nods and a small smile breaks through. "Yes. Yes, more than anything I know." You can feel your heart softening by the minute. He swallows and steps closer to you, his eyes no longer misted with tears of hurt and betrayal, but of hope and admiration. "Dead Poets Honor," he whispers.

"I'm sorry for being such a bitch," you whisper, looking at the ground.

Knox shakes his head and pulls you into a tight hug. "We all are, sometimes."