𝐜𝐢𝐯 ~ 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

~ You try on your prom dress ~

ψ

"Okay, don't laugh at me," you reminded your best friend Marty from behind the curtain of the dressing room. You had dragged him along to go dressing for prom dresses, as you had agreed to go together— of course, only as friends.

"I won't, I won't," Marty retorted, adjusting his sunglasses on his nose. You had scolded him at first for wearing them, but he guaranteed you that he would pick up some girl at the dress shop with them. Begrudgingly, you agreed to let him wear them, finding them not too shabby yourself.

"Alright," you said, pulling back the curtain and stepping out with creased brows and a nervous stance. "How do I look?"

In short, you looked nothing short of drop-dead gorgeous. The dress you were wearing was perfect, fitting you perfectly and giving you everything you needed. It was the perfect color to compliment your skin tone and bring out your eyes, and the style looked nothing but beautiful. Marty took off his sunglasses and gasped, "Whoa."

Blushing, you smiled a little. "Is this the one, you think?"

"Yeah, you're the one," he said dreamily, looking lovestruck but quickly sharpening his focus when he realized what he said. "I-I mean, that dress is the one."

"Right," you said, grinning even wider and ruffling his hair. "Those sunglasses helped, after all."