Chapter 1: A Party

>Ambers POV<

It's Saturday, and Saturday means in the house. all weekend. doing nothing.

Well, it would mean that, unless of course your friends wanna go to a party this weekend. Mine do, and if my crush wasn't going, I'd probably say no.

I got off of the bed after liking Mindy's last message, BEGGING me to come to the party. There are parties all the time, I don't understand what's so special about this one.

[dress code?] I texted Mindy

[Mindy: literally just wear anything💀🔥you don't need to dress fancy tho👺]

[Ok💀🙏🏻🔥& is Tara still coming?]

[Mindy:😏😏😏]

[Answer me Mindy🤦🏻‍♀️]

[Mindy:🤭yesss]

[bye I'm getting dressed]

[Mindy:🤭🤭🤭]

[stop.😐]

[Mindy: LMAOOO]

I looked all through my closet for an outfit to wear. majority of my closet was black clothes. This is a party, so I decided not to mess with most of the things I wear to school. I decided on an all black fit nonetheless. black baggy pants, a fitted black croptop, and some classic converse. 

[a text from tara]

[Tara: heyyy we're gonna be at ur house in 5♥️]

[I'm readyy 🦾]

I grab my little bag and go downstairs.

"Where are you going, Elizebeth?" my mom asked.

Elizabeth is my middle name, and I usually only hear it when I'm in trouble.

"Out?" I say in an unsure tone.

"Grounded?" my mom replied sarcastically.

"Mom, It's been a week."

"You skipped school." she said, looking at me over her reading glasses.

"My friends are almost here. If I can't go and they came all the way here, it'll be embarrassing." I said, pleading.

"Home by 10:00." 

"10:00???" I exclaimed.

"Fine, no later than 11:15." mom said.

[text from Mindy]

[Mindy: we outsiiiiiiiiide😈😤]

[otwww🫡]

"Bye, Mama."I say as I grab a water and put it in my bag.

"Bye honey, be careful." she replied.

"I willllll!" I run out of the door.

"NO LATER THAN 11:15!!" I hear my mom yell.

I run down my driveway to get to the car.

"WOOOOOHOOOO!" I hear the group yell from the van.

it was Mindy's car, she wanted a van Scooby doo decorated on the outside, an immediate display of her personality in other words.

"GET IN LOSEEERRRR!" Mindy honked.

I jumped in and sat between Wes and Tara. Chad was on the floor in the van on his Nintendo switch with his girlfriend Liv.

Wes scooted over to avoid squishing me. I could tell he was uncomfortable that I sat between him and Tara, but I didn't really care. I looked over at Tara, who was already smiling at me. (she's in love with me) (I'm manifesting)