Chaos!!

I remember, when i heard the sound....'Get that fraud '’ A general of 30s ordered his men. It surprisingly changed everything...

I don't know, how i came through the street, i was just present over an unknown place, without any memories or aim.

A girl of 20s in a brown kimono, was chased by street men. She was carrying a basket of saffron, on the back of a galloping horse.
'Cluck-cluck' she commanded her horse, destroying everything that became her obstacles.

The town was in bewilderment, the goods got scattered on the ground. The Perplexed horse kicked the cart and the apple leaped into the air. She was about to be caught. But...
.
‘Toward the Northern gate, Hazel'  the girl shouted toward me.
I was perplexed, gazing towards her, not recognising her face and even the name, the guards alerted and considered me her Ally. They changed their target,...

‘ I don't know her.’ I tried to clarify.

‘Get her too.’ The general commanded. His men began chasing me out.

Out of no choice I meekly rushed towards the northern gate, without conscience.  I ran as fast as I could. I threw the things that came up in front, creating chaos.

‘Close the gate' the general ordered.

That sly girl escaped and I was left alone, surrounded by the filthy guards. But I knew what I had to do....

‘Why are we just chasing over? Brothers, you have been fooled. I don't know that girl.’ I clarified.

‘How imprudent!! You are calling a wise general, fool' A foolish guard blurted, creating more chaos.

‘ I dare not. The mighty general is so wise, every culprit thunders by the name of his highness. You moron, how could you consider him as….’

‘Hey, don't pretend to be smart. Your highness, she is a very clever girl, don't fall in trap.’ he tried to protest.

‘Trap!! I am not capable of it….’

‘If so, what are you doing over here?’ The general silenced his men and then asked. I was speechless.

‘I don't know….wait, which is this place…’

‘Now, playing the trickery of innocence. I saw various damsels. You will be punished for your crime. Take her to court.’

'No... This is not right... you can't arrest anyone...' i defended.
'You are daring the general' The fool guard blurted.

'That's a true young lady, show your ID proof,..' the general said.

'ID?? I ... I ' i stammered.

The young general ordered his man and they arrested me. They handcuffed my hands and took me to the carriage. The carriage was moving towards the west. That foolish guard sat beside me, staring at me with his foolish cunning eyes, full of stupidity. Well, I can tell about the person easily just by glance.

‘Do you know me?’ I asked a guard.

'A criminal.’ He blurted.

‘Whom i am asking!’ I murmured. ‘ So, where are you taking me?’ I asked him.

‘To the hell… you would  be punished, girl, and I would be promoted.’ he chortled.

‘Promoted, now they promote morons!’ I murmured. ‘do you think that your superior would let you get promoted that much easily?? that man in a braided  beard would never let you get promoted.’ divide and rule, i tried to convince him to let me escape.

‘You mean, Steven??’ he asked skeptically.

‘Steven…. Yeah.’ I don't even know his name. ‘I heard him once, talking to that red haired man. ‘They would finish, the donkey, soon after they reached the palace.’ If you don't believe me, you better ask him.’ I tried to sound confident, no matter how, I needed to escape.

‘Donkey??'

'It s what they said' I made up.

Do you have proof?’ He asked.

‘Proof! You want it, okay… you don't believe in me, na ,.. then get the proof after your death.’ I said.

‘Missy, don't get angry… I know, Steven always feels jealous of my achievements. But this time I would not let him take away that chance. I will display my honesty and bravery and will present  you to  the highness, I will ensure every possible way to complete my mission…’ he quoted.

Oh! My goodness, he is still on the idea of being against me.

‘Catching a big fish would bring more wealth. You should catch big criminals…’ I was trying to do my best to avert the tragedy. The carriage took a hefty turn, its wall hurt my head. ouch! It hurts, nevermind, it happens. I continued ‘You know what, I have some acquaintances with big criminals,... only wise can catch. I can see the vigor in your eyes, a burning desire to bring justice. That's why I'm only telling you, …’ i said.

‘Speak…’ he said.

‘I told na… I don't want to tell everyone...only you, the most intelligent one.’

'So, tell,’ he asked with curiosity.

‘Not here… others will listen up.’

‘You are right. True… Steven would try to get him first. Listen, the carriage would stop in the market for the moment, I would signal you to come outside, but wait for me.’

‘we would do it together.’

‘Yes,..’ he said.

I had to rely on him. So, I sat silently and waited for the opportunity. The carriage stopped for a while. Here, came the moment, he gently said; 'to the barber shop' and threw a key. I removed the handcuffs and leaped out of the carriage, stole a scarf from a woman and covered my face and walked hastily.
I walked as fast as I could without being noticed, and accidentally collided with a man of 20s, in a plain royal blue shirt and black trousers and  i fell on the ground. I got a sprain in my ankle.

‘I am sorry, madam…  are you okay?’ He asked politely.

‘yeah. It's ok…ay I am fine.’ I stammered and tried to stand, but it was painful. ‘Ouch!’ I groaned.

‘Well, it seems like you got a sprain…. I am a doctor , I can help you with this.’  he said politely.

‘Thanks, for your consideration, but I am in a hurry, I need to go…’ I tried to stand and move, but the pain didn't allow me. He looked at me with meeking eyes. And then out of no choice, I accepted his help. ‘but do it fast…’

He helped me to move toward a place where I can sit, in the veranda of a closed shop. He asked me to remove my shoes, and then examined my ankle.

‘Are you running away from someone?’  he asked me, he had wild judgment but was based on the truth. I was staring at him in bewilderment. ‘Just kidding...You got an ankle dislocation. It will hurt a little, while I move your bones into their place. But it would be good thereafter. Okay…’

"It's okay. I will carry on moving, my father will worry about me.’ I lied, tried an excuse to move on, creating a false story of my father.

‘You are a young lady, smart enough, i don't find it reasonable to be worried during daylight.’ he sounded reasonable.

‘My father worries a lot about me, cause I'm only his child.' I replied.

‘Oh!’

‘Yeah,.’ I said and smiled. And tried to stand but could not do so.

‘You cannot even take a few steps through this, i can only advise you as a doctor, but it seems somebody is in fear of pain…’ he taunted. It hurt my pride.

‘fear!! I'm brave enough… you carry on, your treatment protocol..’ I said out of pride, but it seems making an abrupt decision creates great Chaos.

I was worried, if that moron guard would pop out of somewhere, then I would be in danger. What would I do then? how would I protect myself!!