Irrational Interrogation

Our past never leaves us...

The darkened room with incandescent light above my head, with buzzing noise over my head. I was feeling uneasy and heard footsteps coming closer to me, I felt helpless with a throbbing pain in my head, but could neither retreat. My hands were cuffed. There was the smell of moss in the surroundings, with an uncanny feeling.

'Wake up'. The familiar voice, irritating my ears, filled with immense curiosity.
'Wake up, girl. I don't have time. Guards are looking for you,' the doctor said.

'What do you want?' I said in trance, I can hardly move myself.

'I don't want to trouble you, miss. Believe me, if you haven't done anything wrong, nothing will happen to you.' he assured me.

'I told you various times, my answer will not change.' I tried to clarify.

'Then how, your relative let you move alone? Why were those city guards chasing you?' He asked me.

There was a sound coming outside of the door, the door was knocked. I was terrified, but didn't have the guts to move. Sound intensity was increasing, my heartbeat started racing fast.

It clanged, the door broke, and a few guards entered inside with a man, in royal custom, wearing royal clothes, who seemed to be a Nobleman.

'What are you doing?' He asked the doctor, angrily.

'She is a refugee, I brought her for interrogation,' the doctor replied.

' You can't take any decisions abruptly, brother.'

'You better do it by yourself, your majesty.... Get information from her. Why did she come into royal territory without permission? I should go on,' he said and was about to leave.

'Don't dare, you have created this mess by yourself, clear it out by yourself, before anyone comes to know about it.'

'Then, I prefer to kill her.' The doctor sounded crazy.

'Oh, if you can't take responsibility, then don't interfere with the administration, next time I will not be amiable.' He sounded responsible. He looked into my eyes and said; 'it will not be hard to kill you, you better cooperate with us. who are you?' he asked me.

'I swear, I didn't do anything wrong. I have completely lost all my memories.'

'I never repeat the same things, miss., i will ask again, once more.'

'The answer is the same' I sounded confident.

'It's futile to interrogate her, better to find it by yourself.' The doctor said to him.

'Find it, before dawn,' he ordered.

'I'm not your puppet to follow your order.' The doctor protested.

'Its royal decree, you can't go against the ruler's command.' He said boldly. There was silence. 'I can make your life as hell that you can never imagine. So, just abide by the rule.' He stared at me. 'Get her medical report too. I don't want any casualties,'

That was mind blowing, it was literally the most amazing performance I have ever seen, can't be said, because i can't remember my past.

'If we find, you having any criminal record, then believe me you would have a plaintiff's end.' he threatened me.

'The guards are chasing me, they have mistaken me for an ally with that girl,' I blurted.

He took the sword out of the scabbard, and put its sharp blade in neck. I was choked.

'Who was that girl?' He asked.

' I don't know,' I stammered.

'Don't play with me.'

'I dare not,' I stammered.

'good for you,' he took away his sharp bladed sword, giving a scar to my neck. It pained, but I cannot rebel against all. I was shivering in fear.

'if anyhow i was pronounced to have a criminal record, then what would you do?' I blurted. My bad habit, to blurt at times of danger.

'You have a lot of guts to die. Send her to the prison.' he ordered his men.

'You have no right to command, whatever you want.'

'I am the ruler, my words are the obligations for all.' He thundered.

'Ruler? You are kidding,' how foolish of me to blurt all. He was staring at me skeptically. The guards took out their swords and pointed towards me. 'Im sorry,' I murmured.

He thundered out of the room, i was alone with the psycho doctor. He was staring at me. 'You have a lot of guts...'

'Who is he?" I asked, I still was not assured,

'You are really something, or a fool. He is the king of this Kingdom and I'm the chief commander of the kingdom.'

'So, you are not a doctor? You repositioned my bone without any experience and knowledge.'

'You... I'm also a doctor, a multiple talented person,'

'Oh, i see... he is your brother?'

'Yeah...'

'Why are you not king?'

'You believe, i can kill you, don't dare to mess with me..."

'he will kill you,'

'No my dear, i know politics enough to save myself. You better stay in the prison, i will ensure to get you to get beheaded before dawn, for the moment goodbye, Miss.,' he also threatened me, the guard came and took me to the central jail.

What do my pasts have to do with my present? what if I have a criminal record? Currently I'm a pure minded and innocent soul, this would be unfair for me... I will Rebel.