Friend or foe

(( HAVENT UPDATED FOR WHAT FEELS LIKE FOREVER , ENJOY THE EXTRA LONG CHAPTER! ))

I was walking around the corner , I had learned a trick at this school , from all but the classes in level two or three of the school , you could take the unused passage way.

We were aloud to it wasn't some secret...just that nobody liked it. It had the teachers bathrooms on one side and some old extra storage lockers , sure it was a bit creepy , but only because no one was around. It was utterly empty so empty that I could almost hear my own...

" the only reason we're in this grimy place is cause of her!" this voice sounded like Carly Blackheart. The one of the prettiest girl in the school , who was a henchman for the popular bitch of the school herself.

" shhh , she'll hear you " whispered back a voice who sounded like Jess Mogomery , one of the people who hung around Carly Blackheart.

" See ? I'm wasn't too scared to do it " I heard a girls voice say , it sounded like she was gloating.

" just barely " Clary sounded like she was saying warningly , her voice sounded closer.

I kept walking , shoving my hands in my blazer pockets , three girls walked around the corner. One girl I didn't know , but I was right for the other two , Carly Blackheart heart. Make up and all , her long blond hair into perfect curls , down her shoulders , blood red lips pouting. Menacing brown eyes , ringed in eyeliner and mascara.

Jess Mogomery , weak , apologetic smile. Warm , kind , hazel eyes. A dash of lip gloss and guilt written all over her face. Wringing her hands , she walked awkwardly by them , unsure. She didn't fit right in this scene.

The other one I didn't recognize...or did I , oh , she was the one from my English class. I grunted already unhappy with my situation enough , to add her ? Just put the cherry on top of my fucking day.

I groaned and leaned further forward , hoping that by practically hunching into myself they wouldn't notice me...just lucky for me though...they did.

" what is she doing here " , Carly whispered angrily.

" I don't know why don't you ask her? " , with any one else that would have sounded brattish and annoyed , though with Jess . It sounded truly curious as to why I was here and if I would answer that question.

I spead walked past , not before Carly could get in my way. Oh what now! I thought

" what are you doing here... " , she said , her voice deadly low with her menacing black eyes watching my every blink and breath.

" it's a free country " , I muttered under my breath.

" what ?! " , she almost shrieked. " this is my school and! "

" I don't remember it having a label with your name on it... " , I stated dryly to her.

She looked so angry I thought this would become a cartoon moment and steam would come from her ears and she would slowly turn bright red.

She fumed her eye glaring daggers at me. Jess put a calming hand on her friends arm , saying soothing words.

It seemed to work till she looked at me again , she smacked Jesses hand off and stormed off. Jess was quick to scurry off after her.

I nearly walked past till I heard the blond , awkwardly clear her voice.

I looked at her I was getting a bit pissed off I was late. My mum would be freaking out in the parking lot.

" Can I help you ? " I asked raising an eyebrow dramatically.

" Yes...actually y-you can... "

I furrowed my eyebrows together , I had definitely not expected a new " popular " to ask for my help.

" That was kinda my car ride home " she said sheepishly , " Carly is my cousin and she was suppose to drop me home. "

" OK...and? " I asked not quite believing the unspoken question.

" I-If...I-If " she took a calming breath " If it's not to much of an inconvenience...c-c-could you...possibly , maybe , if it's too much it fine. Ask your mum to give me a ride " she rushed to a finish.

I looked at her warily tilting my head to the side , my mum said always no matter the logic , trust your instincts.

I found myself nodding my head and grabbing her arm pulling her along.

She sheepishly spoke up saying " I-I have t-to fetch my bag. "

I nodded my head and grabbed my bag heading to the exit of the passage way. Scanning both ways I ran...my instincts kicked in telling me to run.

And I did I
Ran
All
The
Way
Home

When I got to my house sweating and panting harshly , I reached into my bag and grabbed my scissors.

Something in my gut told me to grab any weapon. I used my extra blunt scissors to undo them. I had a knife...sort of.

I was armed.