two ✿

tw for abuse towards the end, SORRY!!!

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

five chased after luther, grabbing his arm again to stop him.

"the hell is wrong with you, luther? i just told you the world's gonna end in ten days."
"yeah, well, you're always saying that."
"and so far, i've been right."
"look, you wanna go save the world, knock yourself out, alright? i already got a job."
"wait, you work in this shithole?"
"yeah, well, my boss owns the place. i'm his bodyman."
"what's that? like a masseuse or something?"
"okay, you can make fun all you want, but i take good care of mr. ruby."
"wait, ruby. the jack ruby, the gangster who shot oswald?"
"yeah, the one and only."
"well, it finally happened. that gorilla dna has taken over your mind."
"hey, watch it, alright? jack's a good friend. to both me and y/n."

the boy's eyes widened, "she works for him too?" he looked around before back to luther, "does she work here?"

luther didn't answer so five shook it off, going back to focusing on getting his brother on his side.

"and you're number one. numero uno, remember?"
"there is no number one. not anymore. not in 1963. look, i've been stranded here for a year, what did you expect?"
"i get it, alright? you watched pogo die, the moon exploded, and i marooned your big dumb ass in time. i'm sorry, okay? but i'm asking for your help, luther. the umbrella academy needs you."

luther scoffed softly, "it doesn't need me. it never did."

autumn walked up, "luther, honey, jack's about to lose it on some half-wit. a little help?"

"ah, shit." luther started walking away before five turned to him again.

"luther, wait-"
"listen. you're the genius who said we should jump, right? you're the one who got us stuck here. and you're the one who brought vanya. so, if there's a doomsday coming, she's probably the cause. and if i was gonna do something about it, it sure as hell is not gonna be with you." the buff man concluded, walking away as five stood.

 luther got rid of the man who was bothering his boss and five watched with a drink.

the boy took a sip before setting the drink down, "dad should've left him on the moon."

he got out of his seat, turning as he heard the cloth of his blazer rip.

he checked his pocket and pulled out a yellow box that hazel had put in there seconds before his death.

five turned it over and read what was written on the object.

date: 1/22/63
subject: frankel footage

he stared at the box with wide eyes before turning to the direction of jack ruby, hearing a voice he recognized all too well.

"hey, mr. ruby, my shift's up, i'm clockin' out."

his eyes widened at the sight of the girl, the love of his life, his honey, his spark, his y/n.

he furrowed his brows a bit at the slight accent she gave off at the end of her sentence but continued to watch her as he put the box back in his pocket.

jack ruby turned to the girl, "alright, thank you for your time, hudson."

'hudson?'

"have fun at your concert, i'm sure it'll be amazing as always." the man continued.

the girl nodded and giggled, "i will, thank you."

'concert?'

"be careful, dallas' sweetheart."
"i will be, mr. ruby." the girl giggled once more at her nickname given to her by the people of their town.