THREE

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THREE:
PARTY

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

BRIAR REALLY ONLY WENT TO THE PARTY BECAUSE SETH WAS INVITED, but she'd rather chug a gallon of bleach than see a bunch of stuck-up Mystic Falls teenagers drinking and smoking like they ran the world.

Which, Briar supposed, they did.

It just pissed her off a little.

Her family would've been arrested in a second in Forks — if it weren't for Charlie Swan being the biggest racial ally in the state of Washington — and she knew it, too.

But Seth was grinning like an idiot, bobbing his head excitedly, making friends as easily as Seth Clearwater did.

People liked Seth. Everyone always liked Seth.

If it weren't for Seth, Briar wasn't sure she'd have had any friends growing up, but Seth was her other half and she'd be damned if she didn't let him enjoy the teenage experience he wasn't able to back in Forks.

"Briar, right?"

Briar looked to the right in confusion, but it softened into an awkward smile seeing Bonnie Bennett offering a red cup.

"It's...I think beer, I don't really know, it's some concoction, but I swear it's good."

Briar nodded, thanking her and taking the cup.

"So," Bonnie shrugged, "Um, why'd you guys move to Mystic Falls? You said you're Elena's cousin."

Briar nodded. "My mom was her dad's sister. She was disowned, I think, because she went and fucked a Quileute man in Washington during her time away in college, and god fucking forbid she keep the kids."

Bonnie blinked, taking a sip of her drink. "I get it," she admitted. "I live with my gran, my dad's...not in the picture and my mom left when I was a kid. It's not the same, but...that kind of stuff sucks."

Briar could tell by the look in Bonnie's eyes that this wasn't something she vocalized often and felt a connection to the girl at her words.

"We should start over," Briar's lips quirked into an easy smile, looking over the girl. She was pretty normally, but somehow Briar found her even prettier under the moonlight.

"Hey," she offered her hand to Bonnie. "I'm Briar, I'm new in town, hoping maybe I can find someone to show me the ropes."

Bonnie smiled back, taking her hand. Briar's heart sped up at the touch.

"Bonnie," she responded, the look in her eyes telling Briar the feeling was mutual. "I'd...love to."

"Cool."

"Cool."

Briar stood next to Bonnie and Elena, but her peripherals caught Seth chatting up a pretty brunette near a tree, and she let herself relax a fraction.

"He has that romance novel stare," Bonnie pointed out to Elena, who was vehemently denying her crush on Stefan.

"And the broody voice," Briar added. "Could be good to go for someone a little dark and mysterious."

"Stefan peered into her eyes," Bonnie grinned, using a low, seductive voice. "Piercing her very soul."

The three girls giggled at Bonnie's words and Briar placed a hand on Bonnie's shoulder when she laughed. Bonnie bit her lip, grinning at the brunette, before looking back to Elena.