EIGHT

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

EIGHT:
BRIAR WANTS
TO KILL DAMON

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"YOU SLEPT WITH LEXI?" Stefan asked with a grin, looking between the two. "Lex, I thought you had a boyfriend."

"Open relationship," Lexi shrugged. "Briar was too cute not to make a move."

"She's right," Briar nodded. "Besides, it's not serious, I want to kiss Bonnie's adorable face."

Stefan's smile softened. "You two would be cute together, I approve." He hastily added. "Of you and Bonnie. Not Lexi. I approve of you and Bonnie."

Briar smiled at Stefan's words, heart surging at the approval. A part of her hated the desire to have it, but the wolf in her loved having him happy for her — it made her feel closer to him. Important to him.

"Have you and Elena had sex yet?" Lexi asked him.

"No," Stefan shook his head, then glanced to Briar, who stuck her tongue out and sat down on the sofa. "B's her cousin, so careful."

"Oh, I didn't know that," Lexi smiled to Briar. "Briar can attest that Elena will come around, though. A little bit of vampire sex and she'll be yours forever."

"It's true," Briar nodded. "Until Bonnie sees how perfect we are together, I'll bone Lexi any day of the week."

"Damn straight," Lexi took a seat next to Briar, resting her head on her shoulder. "Come on, Stef, what're you waiting for?"

"It's not about sex," Stefan took the seat across from them, leaning over his knees. "Or compulsion or any of our other tricks. She has to want to be with me. On her own terms."

"Awe," Briar smiled squeezing Lexi's thigh. "He's so cute when he's excited. Look at his cute little face."

"I know," Lexi sniffled. "They grow up so fast."

The girls shared a laugh and Stefan looked between them. "I don't like this," he pointed between the pair. "Both of you together was a bad idea. I take it back."

"You sound so mature and grown up," Lexi commented.

"I'm not getting any older," Stefan shrugged.

"Me either," Briar responded. "Did I mention that?" She asked him. "Since you don't age, I won't either. Only way I stop is if I stop shifting, which I will never, ever do. So...you're stuck with me, Salvatore."

"Good," Stefan met her eyes, smiling softly. She knew he could tell the nerves in her eyes when she dropped casual facts about imprinting. But he'd taken them in stride and she couldn't appreciate him more.

"I'm hungry," Lexi shot up from Briar and grabbed a small red bag, pulling out a pouch. "What do you eat, Briar? Like...rabbits or something?"

"I like cheeseburgers," Briar grinned at her. "And steak. A little rare, I'll give you that, but not bloody. You guys are weird."

Stefan didn't jest back, staring at the blood bag in Lexi's hands. "Want some?" Lexi asked him.

"No," Stefan stood, walking to the other sofa and sitting next to Briar. She wasn't sure why he'd switched seats, but she wasn't opposed. "Thank you."

"Relax," Lexi rolled her eyes. "I didn't kill anyone for it. The phlebotomist I went out with a few times. He's my supplier."

Stefan glanced down, then up at her again.