SEVEN

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

SEVEN:
VICKI

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

BRIAR AND SETH BOPPED THEIR HEADS TO THE BEAT, ENJOYING THE LOUD MUSIC THAT DROWNED OUT THE NORMALLY LOUD WORLD, jumping up and down excitedly.

"This is way cooler than La Push's prom!" Seth shouted over the music.

Briar laughed loudly, nodding. "Remember the streamers?"

Seth let out a barking laugh and then he stopped, smile falling. Leaning closer to her, he looked around. "You smell that?"

Briar frowned, nodding. "Like...stale. Is that blood?"

Seth thought for a moment, then pointed, spotting Stefan and Vicki. The pair exchanged a look before walking to the two, who were quickly joined by Elena.

"Oh, hi Briar," Elena gave Stefan a worried look. "Seth."

"Hey, cuz," Briar greeted. "Vicki, you good?"

She smelled dead. Like a vampire dead. Briar wondered why she nor Seth had smelled it on Stefan, but figured that was another situation to deal with later.

"What's going on?" Matt asked, coming over to the group.

"Hey, uh, everything's fine," Stefan diffused.

"I told you to quit bothering me!" Vicki exclaimed, moving away from Stefan.

Stefan's jaw clenched and Briar raised an eyebrow.

"No, Vicki," Elena pled weakly. "Don't do this."

"Matt," Vicki turned to her brother. "He won't leave me alone."

"Oh, for the love..." Briar rolled her eyes. She gave Stefan a look and he shook his head, then nodded to Elena.

Great.

Elena knew.

"You need to back off, man," Matt turned to Stefan angrily.

"Matt," Elena placed a hand on his chest. "It's—it's okay."

"No," Matt argued. "It's not okay." He stepped forward to Stefan. "What the hell is your problem?"

Briar pushed him back, a little more forcefully than Elena, but not enough to harm him.

"Watch it," she snapped, her wolf triggered at the thought of her imprint in danger. Even if Stefan wasn't in any danger with Matt, she didn't like the idea of him in Stefan's face. "Back up, Matt. Stef's done nothing wrong."

"You too?" Matt scoffed. "I thought you guys were cool," he looked between her and Seth. "New kids stick together, huh?"

"Absolutely," Seth spoke up, then sighed, tapping Briar's arm.

"Stefan," Elena voiced, looking around frantically. "She's gone."

Elena rushed off, quickly followed by Seth, and Stefan moved next, but Matt grabbed his arm. Briar grabbed him before Stefan could, holding him against the wall.

"Don't touch him," she glared at Matt. "Vicki's not in danger by anything except her addiction. Let us help her with it and back off."

Briar left him, walking after Stefan as the pair tried to regroup with their friends.

"You told Elena?" She asked as they searched.

"She deserved to know."

"Wasn't your call," Briar glanced at him. "I didn't want her knowing."