CHAPTER 51

4 year later

The soft morning light filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the room as Taehyung stirred awake. His gaze drifted to Yazia, still lost in peaceful slumber beside him, her features softened by sleep. A fond smile tugged at his lips as he brushed a stray strand of hair from her face, his touch gentle and affectionate.

 Seeing her peaceful expression as she slept filled his heart with contentment. He leaned in closer, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead.

"Happy anniversary, my love," he whispered, his voice barely above a whisper as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close, relishing the warmth of her body against his. Nestling his face into her hair, he inhaled deeply, savoring the familiar scent that filled his senses.

"It smells just like mine," he chuckled softly, pressing a tender kiss to the nape of her neck. "It's been four amazing years," he murmured, his words a soft caress against her skin.

 "And every moment with you has been a blessing." With a gentle sigh, he reluctantly released her and slipped out of bed, careful not to disturb her peaceful sleep. With a loving glance back at Yazia, he made sure she was covered before quietly leaving the room.

In the kitchen, Taehyung set about preparing breakfast, his movements efficient and practiced. As he cracked eggs into a bowl and sliced vegetables for an omelet, memories of the past four years flooded his mind. It had been a journey filled with love, laughter, and countless cherished moments shared between them.

 In these past four years, Taehyung has been dedicated to making Yazia happy. From adjusting small habits that bothered her to even rethinking his beliefs, he's done it all to keep her by his side. However, what Yazia doesn't realize is that his motivations aren't entirely noble.

 Taehyung's true intention behind changing his beliefs isn't for his own spiritual growth but to please Yazia. He's forsaking his religious principles not out of genuine faith but because he believes it's what she wants. Yet, Yazia remains unaware of this underlying truth.

Throughout these four years, Taehyung and Yazia experienced their fair share of arguments. There were moments when Yazia scolded Taehyung, and they found themselves at odds. However, despite the disagreements, they always managed to reconcile after their silly quarrels. Both of them put in their best efforts to maintain their happiness and look after each other's well-being.

Taehyung was engrossed in preparing breakfast when he felt hands wrap around his waist. A smile spread across his face, knowing exactly who they belonged to. He placed his hands over hers. "You're awake?" he asked, and Yazia nodded, snuggling into his back. "Happy anniversary," she whispered, leaning up to kiss the back of his neck.

 Taehyung chuckled at her affectionate gesture and turned to face her, holding her arms as he leaned back to the counter, pulling her closer. "So, you remembered this time?" he teased, and she pouted in response. "I did remember last time, but the workload was just too much," she explained. Taehyung shook his head, gently cupping her face and kissing her cheeks.

 "Stop being so adorable. I wanted to be mad, not melt at the sight of your pout. All I can think about is kissing that pout of yours," he confessed, pressing a kiss to her pout. Taehyung hummed in response, his hand caressing her waist as he held her close.  

"Let's eat then," Yazia said, but Taehyung shook his head with a mischievous glint in his eyes. "I was craving something else," he replied, giving her an innocent look. She scoffed at his playful demeanor.