CHAPTER 55

Two days after Yazia's accident, she found herself sitting inside her hospital room when Jin entered. "Aren't you tired of staying inside?" he asked kindly.

Yazia nodded. "A little bit," she admitted softly.

Jin smiled warmly. "Then let's go out. I've got my lunch break, so let's head to the lawn for a while. You need to take in some fresh air; it's good for you and the child both," he suggested.

Yazia nodded again and slowly got up from her bed. "Do you need help getting up?" Jin asked, concern evident in his voice.

"No, I'm better and fine. I can walk on my own," she assured him, determined to maintain her independence.

They made their way outside and settled on a bench. Jin began chatting about random topics, cracking silly jokes to lift Yazia's spirits. She couldn't help but smile at his antics.

"Do you give this special treatment to all your patients?" Yazia teased, her eyes sparkling with amusement.

Jin chuckled, but Yazia noticed a flicker of something in his expression. "No, just females," he joked, but his laughter seemed forced.

Yazia narrowed her eyes at him, sensing there was more to his words than just humor. "Just kidding," he quickly added, trying to lighten the mood. "I'm here with you because you have no one else, and you seem like a nice person. As a handsome, compassionate doctor, I'm just helping my patient, nothing more."

Yazia's gaze softened as she listened to his explanation. She could sense sincerity behind his words, and a feeling of gratitude washed over her. "Handsome? Really?" she teased, her voice tinged with amusement.

Jin nodded with a playful grin and gave her a flying kiss. "Yes, worldwide handsome," he replied, his tone lighthearted.

Yazia laughed at his antics, her laughter echoing through the air. Jin's smile widened as he watched her, a sense of satisfaction washing over him. "Okay, I'll let it go because it's the first time you've laughed at anything I've said," he teased gently.

Yazia chuckled even more at his remark. "It's the only funny thing you've ever said," she retorted, her eyes sparkling with mirth.

As they continued their conversation, a man suddenly approached them, his gaze fixed on Yazia. Jin instinctively stood up in front of her, a protective gesture.

Yazia glanced at the man, feeling a sense of unease wash over her as she realized she didn't recognize him. "Get away, she's my friend's wife. Hey, Yazia, tell him you know me," the man insisted, trying to push past Jin.

Jin held him back firmly by the shoulders. "Wait, calm down. She doesn't remember much. I'm the doctor who checked her up. She's experiencing temporary side effects," he explained calmly, his voice steady despite the tension in the air.

The man paused, his eyes searching Yazia's face. "Yazia, I'm Namjoon. You don't remember?" he said gently, his tone filled with concern.

Yazia furrowed her brow, her mind racing as she tried to recall any memories of the man before her. But try as she might, she couldn't place him. Confusion flickered in her eyes as she shook her head slowly.