CHAPTER 52

"The most hurtful thing is, I never thought that the man I love the most would be a punishment for my sins instead," she said, her voice trembling with sorrow and regret.

Taehyung's heart shattered at her words, the weight of his actions crushing him. He wanted to reach out to her, to hold her close and beg for her forgiveness, but he knew he didn't deserve it.

His hands twitched, wanting to close the distance between them, but he stayed where he was, his eyes filling with tears.

Yazia's face showed her pain, her eyes red and watery. Without another word, she turned away, her steps slow and heavy, as if the air around her had thickened. She moved toward their bedroom like a ghost.

Taehyung watched her go, his breath caught in his throat. He followed her at a distance, each step echoing in the silent house. She entered the bathroom, the door closing softly but feeling louder than any slam.

While she was inside, Taehyung changed into clean clothes, his hands shaking. His mind was a storm of guilt and sadness. He took the prayer mat from the closet, his fingers brushing over the fabric as if it could somehow make things right. He placed it on the floor carefully, every move a silent plea for forgiveness.

When Yazia came out of the bathroom, her face freshly washed but still full of pain, she paused. Her eyes moved from Taehyung to the prayer mat. Her expression was blank, hiding the storm inside her.

For a moment, they stood there in silence, the room heavy with unspoken words. Taehyung's eyes begged hers for a sign, a chance to make things right. But Yazia's silence was louder than any words.

She walked to the prayer mat, her steps steady and calm. She bent down, picked it up, and walked out of the room without a word, leaving Taehyung standing alone, his world falling apart.

He had expected her to yell and scream, as she usually did when she was mad. But this silence was different. It was a deep, empty space that threatened to swallow him, more painful than any shout could ever be.

Taehyung sank to his knees, the emptiness of the room pressing down on him. The air felt heavy, full of her unspoken pain. The pain he gave her.

 "My warrior..." he called her out in a whisper looking down.

«»

Yazia came out of the room, her mind racing and her heart sinking. She replayed the recent events over and over, feeling an overwhelming sense of guilt for what Taehyung had done. 

The thought that he had done it all for her made her feel sinner as if he were equating her to Allah, which terrified her even more. Her past sins flashed before her eyes, and she tightened her grip on the prayer mat, her knuckles turning white.

Suddenly, a sharp, stinging pain pierced her head, like needles driving into her skull. The dizziness that accompanied it was so intense that the room seemed to spin around her.

 She grabbed the wall for support, her vision blurring and her stomach churning with nausea. The pain was severe, a throbbing ache that pulsed with her heartbeat, and she felt as if she might faint.