Sundae Muddy Sundae

[I'm gonna go a bit more casual with this chapter, because I feel like I'm too formal with my writing. I hope you guys enjoy anyway!]

*

[3rd Person P.O.V.]

*

"WHAT. THE. FUCK?!" A loud yell came from downstairs, followed by another yell, both clearly being a mixture of anger and betrayal. Of course, Zoey shot up from her bed in a panic. She quickly looked around her room, before sighing in relief that she wasn't the one being attacked. She then checked the clock on her dresser, before sighing in annoyance. 

It was 4:15 AM.

Seeing as she wouldn't be able to get back to bed anyway, she decided to try and find out what on Earth was happening downstairs. "Right. . ." She mumbled, standing up, stretching, and leaving through the door. As she got closer, the yelling got much more audible.

"NO! DON'T GIVE ME THAT! DON'T ACT LIKE IT'S MY FAULT!"

"BUT. IT. WAS. YOU NEED TO ACCEPT THAT."

"WHY THE FUCK WOULD I DO IT TO MYSELF?! DO YOU THINK I'M SUICIDAL, OR SOMETHING!?"

"MIGHT AS WELL KILL YOURSELF, YOU ACT LIKE YOU WANT TO, ANYWAY!"

At that argument, Zoey subconsciously quickened her pace. She found the source was coming from the kitchen. Just as she stepped into the room, a ceramic plate was thrown, and it smashed against the wall, directly beside the door way where she was standing.

"FUCKING TAKE THAT BACK. TAKE IT BACK RIGHT NOW!"

She felt like a child in the middle of her parents' argument. She looked to see that it was actually Lewis and Mal arguing, and because she thought it was Mike, she could only panic. 

'Why on Earth would Lewis be throwing plates at Mike? And. . . why on Earth is Mike arguing like this?' She thought to herself, stepping back. 

She took a deep breath, before speaking up. ". . . Guys? What's. . . going on?" Both boys immediately paused, and turned their heads to the doorway. They were completely unaware of Zoey's existence until she spoke up. They also lowered their voices for her. ". . . Why don't you ask him?" Mal said, narrowing his eyes at Lewis. "Oh-! Oh, yeah! Go ahead, play the blame game, why don't you?"

Lewis grabbed something from the counter, and headed past Zoey, out of the door. "I'm sick of this shit. Just wait and see what Chris'll do to you, absolute fucking prick. . ." He then walked off, leaving Mal and Zoey to talk about the issue. ". . . Mike, what the heck?! What did you say to him?!" Mal folded his arms. "Nothing that wasn't true. Trust me, Zoey, he just can't accept the truth. It's better this way. Remember when I told him about Vito? This is just like that." 

Zoey thought about it for a second, before sighing in defeat. "I. . . guess so. . . but, still. He seemed really upset this time." Mal furrowed his brows in annoyance at the fact she felt sorry for him. He then silently groaned, and acted like 'normal, friendly' Mike. "Hey! Don't worry about it, Zoey! He'll come out juuusst fine. After all, he always does! Classic Lewis, huh?" She then warmed up again. ". . . Yeah. Yeah! You're right. He'll be alright."

/// Zoey ///

"Okay. . . I- I know this is wrong to say, but. . . I thought Mike was back in control. But, lately? He's been as weird as weird gets! Ugh. . . I just. . . I just wish that I could see inside of his head. Um, no, wait. Not, like, literally. That'd be. . . kinda gross."