008, ''she met a pinecones fate...''

━━━━━━ Ψ ,━━━━━━━...‥・

     "THE MOST POWERFUL BEING
IN THE UNIVERSE'S BEST IDEA TO
SAVE HIS DAUGHTER'S LIFE... WAS TO
TURN HER INTO A TREE?"

After Kirra and Percy said their goodbyes to Luke, they met up with Annabeth and Grover so they were able to leave Camp Half-Blood together. They all walked down to Half-Blood Hill, but Kirra and Annabeth stopped by a huge tree -- Thalia.

Annabeth placed her hand on the tree, while Kirra simply looked up at it. She had hardly ever gone down to visit Thalia anymore -- because any time she did, it only made her feel worse about what happened that night.

"The most powerful being in the universe's best idea to save his daughter's life... was to turn her into a tree?" Percy said which caused Kirra to snap out of her daydream. Kirra turned around, catching Percy's glance.

"My sister was the bravest Demigod I ever knew," Kirra said, furrowing her brows as she walked closer to Percy and Grover.

"She fought valiantly, and she met a hero's fate," Annabeth added, turning around to face Grover and Percy -- following Kirra's steps.

"She met a pinecones fate..." Percy said.

Without a second thought, Kirra spat, "And what fate did your mom meet again?"

Kirra had never been one to bite her tongue, so Grover and Annabeth weren't exactly surprised when the words left her mouth, but when she continued, they knew they had to stop it before she went too far.

Kirra had always been protective over Thalia -- even if she was a tree.

"A minotaur, and Hades, right?" Kirra scoffed, taking another step towards Percy, but Grover quickly intervened and stopped Kirra from coming any closer to the boy by placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Stop," Grover whispered.

And before Kirra could push Grover's hand away from her -- or before Percy could answer in any way, Annabeth cut the two off -- "Forbidden children are always in danger, even the strongest ones, even Thalia,"

"And I'm sorry, but neither of you guys are Thalia. Do exactly as I say, and maybe you two survive this," Annabeth said, looking between Kirra and Percy as she spoke.

"Are we clear?" Annabeth finished, before walking off. Kirra looked back over to Percy, who sat there dumbfounded. Grover, Percy, and Kirra stood there for a few seconds before Percy broke the silence -- "Does she think she's in charge?"

The three started walking together, with Kirra between the sayter and the demigod.

"Whod you think would be in charge?" Grover asked.

"I guess I assumed we'd do a show of hands or something," Percy responded, Kirra looked over at him, with a cold smile. "You've obviously never met Annabeth,"

Grover laughed at that, and the three quickly followed Annabeth, as she walked away from camp.

━━━━━━ Ψ ,━━━━━━━...‥・

      "THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS
WHAT SACRED SMELLS LIKE,"

The 'squad' as Percy named them, had traveled from Half-Blood Hill, all the way to New York City -- and finally, the four found a bus that could take them to Los Angeles. Kirra sat next to Annabeth on one side of the bus, while Percy and Grover sat on the other.