SHOT 49

I'm very disappointed with the votes and comments.. Each chapter has views around 500, but the votes are only around 70-80. Why such low response? I am a dentist and I work 6 days a week for 9 hours each day. I find time in between my work and use my breaks to write and give regular updates.. I have two ongoing books in wattpad at the moment. I give 5 updates per week for this book and 3 updates per week for the other book.  It is so disheartening to see such response from readers when we take such efforts to write and give regular updates. I don't like to give targets and all like many writers do, but seeing the low responses, I am getting tempted. If you guys are reading the book, at least drop a vote so that it could motivate the writers to write.. 

Thank you to those loyal and lovely readers who vote for every chapter and even take time to drop comments.. ❤️

Third person's pov!

"Uh Mr Raichand? Is everything alright?" Nidhi asked softly and the car came to a screeching halt.

Siddharth leaned back against the car seat with his eyes closed. He felt as if his heart would burst out any moment.

He sat in the car, his mind swirling with memories of his own childhood. The little boy's story had struck a chord within him, awakening long-buried emotions and painful memories.

He closed his eyes, allowing himself to drift back to a time when life was simpler, when his family was whole and happy. He remembered his mother's warm smile and gentle touch, her laughter filling their home with joy. She had been the heart and soul of their family, the glue that held them together.

But then, everything changed. Cancer had ravaged his mother's body, stealing her away from them far too soon.

He was only twelve years old when she was diagnosed, and his world had crumbled around him. He remembered the fear and uncertainty that had gripped their family as they watched her health deteriorate day by day.

And then, she was gone.

The pain of her loss was like a dagger through his heart, leaving him feeling empty and lost. But what hurt even more was seeing his father's transformation in the aftermath of her death.

His once-loving and devoted father had retreated into a shell of his former self, drowning his sorrows in alcohol and neglecting his responsibilities as a parent. He had watched helplessly as his family fell apart, torn apart by grief and despair.

The memories were still fresh in his mind, even after all these years. He had never fully come to terms with his mother's death or his father's subsequent downfall.

The wounds were still raw, the pain still palpable.

As he sat in the car, his eyes closed, he allowed himself to feel the full weight of his emotions. He let the tears fall freely, the tears of a little boy who had lost everything he held dear.

"Siddharth ji, what happened?" Nidhi asked anxiously, taking off her seat belt and leaning forwards.

Seeing his tears was a complete shock for her. The always cold looking, seemingly heartless man was openly crying in front of her and she couldn't help but wonder if she was dreaming or not.

"Do you know how it feels to lose someone so close to you, Ms Vyas?" Siddharth's voice sliced through the air and the anguish in his voice startled her.

"Do you know how it feels to watch your mother slowly fading away in front of your eyes. Do you know how it feels to watch your once loving and caring father turn into a total stranger? Do you know how it feels to have your entire childhood being snatched away from you?" Sid asked and Nidhi's heart ached for the little boy she met just now. She had no idea Sid was such an emotional man, to feel such strong empathy for a total stranger.

"I don't know how it feels, Mr Raichand. But I know it must be an intolerable pain. I can't even imagine a world where my parents weren't there.." Nidhi said softly.

"Intolerable pain.." Sid uttered those words with a humourless chuckle.

Siddharth wiped his tears away, trying to compose himself as he opened his eyes to meet Nidhi's concerned gaze. The vulnerability he had just shown was something he rarely never anyone to see, but in that moment, he couldn't hold it back. He has no idea why he let Nidhi out of all the people to see it.

Nidhi's heart went out to him, seeing the pain etched in his features. She couldn't fathom the depth of his sorrow, but it made her ache.

As the car rolled on, the silence between them was heavy with unspoken emotions. Nidhi couldn't shake off the image of Siddharth's tears, nor could she erase the echoes of his pain from her mind.

When they finally arrived at the Raichand Mansion, Jeevika was waiting anxiously at the doorstep, her eyes widening in concern as she took in the sight of Nidhi's bandaged wounds.

"What happened? Are you alright? Why weren't you picking up my calls, Nidhi? I was worried when you got late. What are these wounds? What exactly happened? How did you meet Sid?" Jeevika's voice was filled with worry as she rushed to them, her eyes darting between Nidhi and Siddharth.

Nidhi quickly briefed Jeevika about the incident on the way, sparing no details about the children they had rescued and the heart-wrenching story behind their suffering.

Jeevika's eyes filled with tears as she listened, her gaze flickering towards Siddharth, who stood silently beside them, his expression unreadable.

Without saying a word, Siddharth climbed the stairs and disappeared into his room, leaving Nidhi and Jeevika standing in the hallway, the weight of the moment hanging heavily between them.

Nidhi watched Siddharth's retreating figure with a sense of unease gnawing at her heart. She couldn't shake off the feeling that she had glimpsed a side of him that few ever saw, a side that was raw and vulnerable, yet undeniably human.

Turning to Jeevika, Nidhi noticed the sadness in her eyes, a reflection of the pain she had seen in Siddharth's. Sensing the depth of their shared sorrow, Nidhi reached out and gently squeezed Jeevika's hand.

"Are you okay, Jeevika ji?" Nidhi asked softly, her voice filled with concern.

Jeevika smiled sadly, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears.

"It's just... the boy's story reminded me of our own childhood," she confessed, her voice choking with emotion. "We lost our mother to cancer when I was sixteen and Bubba was just twelve years old. We lost our father too the same day in another way. It shattered our family, tore us apart in ways that we are still trying to heal from."

Nidhi's heart ached for Jeevika and Siddharth, understanding now the source of their shared pain.

Now she understood the depth of Siddharth's pain. It explains Why she had seen such anguish in his eyes.

She had no idea that he carried such deep wounds. It explains why he became such a tough man.

'Oh Siddharth ji..'

A/n

Here goes the next shot..

Please do vote and comment..

Love,

SF❤️