CHAPTER 8 : PAIN & SACRIFICE

Settle down everyone, break time is over. Ugh… my head hurts a bit. I guess I should take a hot water steam later (massaging his forehead). Let it be, I’ve a question for you and here the question ‘who is your favorite character in this tale?’ there might be someone who’s character and attitude got your attention. Well, if you’re asking mine then you’ll know that end of the final chapter of this tale. In our last read, we explored about love and how it happens and process in one’s life. An Indian legend once said “Whenever love sprawls it’s fragrance, Ego demands ‘sacrifice’ and ‘pain’ as it’s tax” I guess it’s make sense, isn’t it? Then I think it’s necessary to study about this two elements, don’t you think? Let’s begin with ‘sacrifice’ how it cost to our desires.

                        Part 1: sacrifice

                                                             Story continues….

A scene continues from Sulthana mansion and it’s around time for sunset namaz. Kainaz returns from the mansion and watching that Mr. Sulthana sitting on a leather coach and his eyes on ground displaying zero expression on face. Beside him Ruksar Sulthana has seated with tear filled eyes and Roshni standing at the stairs and wiping her tears which brought a hurricane in Kainaz’s heart. A death silence in the hall and none of the servants raised their head. Kainaz keeps her carry bag on a wooden coach and sits in front of Mr. Sulthana in knees, and keeps her hand on her Abbu’s knee and her hands were trembling in fear. Yet there’s no expression frames on his face “Your hands are trembling Beti! Is everything okay with your health or you committed to anything which is inappropriate?” he said.

Her vocal feels iced by hearing to that filled her thoughts with dread. Kainaz tries to speak yet hoarseness due to dread causing trembling in her vocal cord “Abbu! I want to share something and it might be non tolerable offence in your sight. I and Aayan are in relationship since 6 months” she said.

Mr. Sulthana perceiving her face “Yeah, now you’re his princess and no longer my daughter” he said. Kainaz in weepy eyes and sensing that her world is torn apart “Abbu! I didn’t mean to hurt you or anyone! I swear on Allah” she begging his feet for forgiveness for initiating infringement in his values and trust. “You betrayed my trust and roaming around me without any dread in mind?” he confronted her being outraged. “I’ve harvested your childhood  with all the requirements, love and caring. Now, being your father and doing all this to make you happy and I’m getting betrayed in return! Do I really deserve this?” he said. Kainaz get weepy “I ain’t cheated on you Abba Jaan! You all’re my family and is that my fault to fell in love with someone who can understand my feelings without having a word?” she said.

Rafiq Sulthana stands on his feet “So, We ain’t understood your feelings since the day you born. Yet he did, didn’t he?” A magma of vexation inside Mr. sulthana burst with maximum outrage. Kainaz slipping in distress “I didn’t mean that Abbu. I said he did understand my feelings without a word like a Ammi understands your desires and depressive situations. Is that my fault that one who understands me is a non muslim?” Kainaz defending her essence with all possible ways but this ain’t brought any change in Mr. Sulthana’s heart. He perceiving in her eyes with all the outrage “Then choose one among us. Him or us?” he round her up with a complicated choice between her present and future. Her whole world feels like collapsed under the feat. “Well, if your peace demanding my sacrifice! Sure I’ll” saying this she ran upstairs and shut the door, crying one’s heart out seeing her nightmare turned in to reality and swallowing her love “I’m sorry Aayan! This going to breach you feelings but I don’t have any way out left now, Forgive me for this!” saying this to herself and setting her tearful eyes free to flow.