[12;; Burn Victim]

Vincent was leaving the restaurant when it was close to closing time. He decided to drop by the grocery store before heading home. As he's looking around in the store, he looks up and then finds what he's looking for.

But he stays a bit longer to get some other things. Once he leaves, he sees Rody walking into the park by the fountain. Vincent decides not to bother him and goes the other way. As he walks off, he spots a small stray cat.

He fixated on the cat and starts following it.

Then he smells something. Smoke in the distance, followed by crackling. He looks around and looks back at the cat. Instead, he finds it gone.

He runs around trying to find it but then sees its tail. Vincent chases after it, and it goes through a bush. He tumbles after it and stumbles, trying to get to it. As he chases after it, he falls through the bush and onto the ground.

The cat is ahead of him, and he looks up. The smell of smoke is closer now.

He frantically gets up and grabs the cat. The cat grips onto his sleeve, and he can feel the claws scratching his skin slightly. But he continues running away from the smell of smoke with adrenaline running through.

He keeps running until the smell of smoke is gone. As he runs, people try to stop him from asking him questions or something.

Brushes past a crowd questioning the smoke, and he finally makes it away from the smoke.

The small cat was panicking and tense. Vincent put the cat down, and it hissed at him before scurrying into an alley.

Vincent stood there and collapsed to the ground. No one else was around, and it was getting darker.

WORDS: 301