TWO YEARS AGO

Tears rolling down my cheeks, thoughts filled in my mind....am I not worthy....am I just full of flaws...do mom and dad really trust me.....am I the daughter they deserve....they deserve Ethan a perfect son not me who can't even write a book....I failed....
Blood soaked in Ethan's shirt which is wrapped in my wrist. Ethan kept a firm grip on my wrist, as we both are on our way to the hospital.

Blurry eyesight, night time, monitor beeps, hospital smell,  lights off only a lamp flicker at the corner and a shadow which is moving towards me so close to me....is he a grim reaper....God he is hot....why is he caressing my head...why???...my eyes closed.

My eyes opened sunlight filled the room. Mom's eyes are red, dad is holding mom and his are swollen as well , Ethan he was fine not a tear. "My daughter, sweety are you feeling well?" Mom's voice broke. "Sorry" is the only word I could speak. Doctors told me to rest and my family all knew I needed rest.
"I will stay with her" mom said
"Honey she needs rest let her" dad is still holding mom in his arms.
"I will stay" Ethan interrupted with no emotions on his face. Everyone left the room except Ethan. He came and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Tell me did someone bullied you or is someone blackmailing you...tell me who is that fucker I need to kill. Just the name." His voice was hard and anger in his eyes.
"No one I did it myself it was my choice" tears forming in my eyes.

"Why?" His eyes soften. I told him how I missed my deadline and my publishing got cancelled, how I ruined everything just because I can't think at the right time and how I failed as a responsible person. And all I get in response is unstoppable tears from his eyes he was crying like a baby as he hugged me tightly.

"Why do you think that , I thought I lost you for a moment, I was so scared, you are my sister and I don't care what others say or think you are my sister and even the world is against you I stand by your side. You are not a failure in  my eyes, you are a hard working person and I trust you. Never ever bring blades near your wrist or anywhere near you body" his voice had a lot of pain. But now I know how he loves me. After sharing an emotional session we laughed at a few jokes which he made and he begged me for hours not to tell anyone that he cried like a baby as his so-called reputation will be ruined. He gave me his phone so that I can call my friends.

After another day in hospital I was discharged and the moment I entered the house I was welcomed with my friends, cakes and confetti. Everyone came and met but the only person who didn't was him. He said he will be with me every moment.....did he just.....no he might be late he will visit me. He must have known that I am in hospital....he will come.... I know....he will.......will he?

I was scrolling through my phone when I saw his recent post with the caption "New Life". He went without telling me he just left, he will text me.....he must be busy right?
Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months.....no calls, no texts....my sadness was now turned into anger. He went didn't he. He broke my heart.

Stop crying Emma he was nothing to you....
.
.
.
.

He will never be anything to you.....