𝖛𝖎𝖎, 𝖫𝖾𝗍'𝗌 𝖿𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝗂𝗇 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 !!!

𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 — 𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘴, 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗
━━━━━━━━━━

𝖛𝖎𝖎, 𝖫𝖾𝗍'𝗌 𝖿𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝗂𝗇 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 !!!𝗔𝗖𝗧 𝗜 — 𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘴, 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗━━━━━━━━━━

      Alas, coronation day had arrived. Amelia stood in her Georgian gown that the Queen once wore and stood in front of a gathering. The Queen in front of her. It all escalated too quick, one moment she was breathing in the chilly weather air in France and the next, she was going to rule an entire country. Amelia bowed in front of the Queen, the crown in her hand.

The priest's words blurred, the last thing she heard was — 'Queen Amelia Du Pon of the United Kingdom'. Cheers filled her ears, her mind processing the information. She now had a political spot in a country she only visited thrice. The jewelled crown on her head and the eyes on her body, she was about to collapse, this best be a dream.

"Everyone, join us for drinks in the hall and get to know your new Queen" The gathering shifted to the hall. People came upto her one by one, introducing themselves. Most of them expressed their concerns of her being unmarried. "I'm plenty sure that I will be able to rule the kingdom as well as I could with a man by my side, maybe even better"

She wanted to escape, an escape away from this cold, patriarchal world. Somewhere she could call home, where she felt safe. Unlike the suffocating walls of the palace. Her sister's sight was, too, flooded with potential bachelors. "I will go get some fresh air" Amelia rushed out of the ballroom, barging through the doors and into the garden.

The nature made her feel free, as if all do this hadn't even took place. "Your highness" A man's voice came from behind her. "If you are here to lecture me about how I should find love then you should leave" She turned around to face a brown haired boy, a Bridgerton. "I have nothing to say leading to that, I assure you" He chuckled.

"I just wanted to congratulate you, it must be hard" He smiled at her. "And you are?" The man smiled more. "Gregory Bridgerton" He took her hand and kissed her knuckles. "Amelia Du Pon" A faint smile on her face. "I best get back to my family before anyone blames us of having an affair" His words made her smile more. He ran off, fading into the darkness of the night sky.