Chapter 10

The sound of bows and arrows uniting harmoniously rang in the training grounds, warriors engaged in ghada yudha and malla yudha. The swordsmen ran their clothes over their gleaming weapons sharpening them for their battles.

Bheem was wrestling with Nakul, it seemed that the battle was futile. Nakul was overpowered and fell on the ground. He huffed as he was annoyed that his hair was messed up with mud and grass. Bheem happily went to the kitchen to eat his ladoos, without breaking a sweat.

Arjun was instructing Tantra on archery, a medium sized silver coloured bow was held by her with utmost attention. Arjun was teaching her to focus on the target and let go of the arrow using her instincts. She had hit the corner of the target board, Arjun cheered her on and said he would be back in ten minutes.

Tantra looked around the vast garden, a juicy mango had caught her eye. She aimed the bow at the dense green tree, the arrow left her bow and dodged itself on a branch that held two mangoes. One of the mango fell on a person, who growled in pain.  She ran to see the unfortunate victim of her adventure.

Sitting under the tree was a certain Holi prince, Duryodhana turned around to see Tantra walking towards him.

"Lady Tantra, have you decided to knock me unconscious and seduce me?"

"Um, I think the mango really did a number on you. Should take you to the vaidya now"

"Relax, I was joking. So, why did you aim for this tree, any special reason", he eyed her mischeviously

"Yes, for the nice mangoes only", Tantra shot his smirk down

"Well in that case, here take them"

She took the mangoes from Duryodhana's hand

"You can have one, consider it as a gift"

"Thank you my generous princess"

"I think you said 'my' by mistake"

"Sure, if you say so"

Duryodhana smiled at her gently, she looked at him with amusement

As Tantra turned around, she stepped over a banyan root and lost her footing. The clumsy princess's hand was caught by Duryodhana just in time, saving her from embarassment.

She blushed looking at him still hodling her hand

"You know you look very cute when you are flustered"

"I am always cute"

Duryodhana looked stumped, he replied saying "Confidence suits the women of Hastinapur"

"But, I am not a part of Hastinapur"

"For now"

Tantra looked at him pointedly, while the prince acted like he said nothing wrong 

Arjun came to the grounds in search of Tantra and started calling out for her

Tantra realised that Arjun was waiting for her, she said a quick goodbye to Duryodhana and left the garden.

**************************************************************************************

An update after a while!

Hope you liked it

Lmk your thoughts :)