|| Chapter 39 ||

Please vote for the chapter and leave comments as well!

DEVANSH

Pari, Ansh, and I sat together on my bed, the tension in the room thick and almost tangible. The unopened letter sat ominously in front of me, its secrets a heavy burden I wasn't yet prepared to face.

Arnav, Rahul, and Mukul stood by the doorway, watching silently. Summoning every bit of courage I had left, I took a deep breath and finally unfolded the letter, ready to confront whatever it held inside.

To Devansh Bhai and Ansh,

I hope you can forgive me for calling you "bhai" one last time, though I know I have no right to do so. Yet, in my heart, you've always been the big brother like Nityan bhai.

As I write these words, tears blur my vision, and my heart feels as if it's breaking into a million pieces. The weight of my guilt is crushing me, suffocating me with every breath I take. I can't bear the thought of the pain I've caused you and Ansh.

Ansh, my dear sister, I can't express the depth of my remorse for the anguish I've brought upon you. You deserved nothing but love and happiness, yet I've only brought you pain. My heart aches knowing that I've hurt you, and I pray you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Devansh bhai, you've always treated me like a younger brother, guiding and loving me like an elder brother should. You've saved me countless times from Nityan bhai's wrath, as I look back on those precious memories, I'm overwhelmed with regret. How did I, once filled with laughter and joy, become ensnared in the grips of darkness?

The wrong company I kept, the vices I indulged in – they led me down a path of self-destruction, a path from which I fear I cannot return. You offered me a lifeline, a chance to break free from the shackles of addiction, but I've lost faith in my ability to overcome it.

I know I don't deserve another chance at life, not after the havoc I've wreaked on those I hold dear. The burden of my guilt is too heavy to bear, and I see no way out but to end it all. Please know that my decision is not a reflection of my love for you all but rather a desperate attempt to escape the torment of my own mind.

Please find it in your hearts to forgive me.

With a heavy heart,
Sid

PARINIDHI

Devansh read the letter carefully, his eyes showing guilt, sorrow, and stress. His usual confidence was gone, replaced by a heavy burden.

He handed the letter to Anshika, who took it with shaking hands. As she read, her tears came more quickly, and she started sobbing deeply, filling the room with her cries.

We watched, stunned, as Devansh and Anshika struggled with their emotions, finding comfort in each other's presence amid the pain.

Anshika's distress grew, and she came to me, hugging me tightly while tears flowed down her face.

"B-Bhabhi, we gave him another chance, didn't we? He apologized for his mistakes. Why did he do this, Bhabhi? I didn't want this to happen. It's not my fault," Anshika sobbed uncontrollably.

The scene left me trying to understand the chaos around us. I looked at Devansh, who wiped away his tears and briefly met my gaze before looking away.

I placed a comforting hand on Anshika's head, trying to soothe her as she clung to me. Through her tears, she tried to speak.

"Bhabhi, I'm not murd—" Anshika began, but Devansh interrupted her, "Ansh, don't. Bachha, don't say that, please."

Seeing Devansh's anguish, it was clear Anshika's distress was affecting him deeply. He understood her guilt, though she shouldn't blame herself.