19: For What's Ahead

*PING*

"HEY baby!" Said Midoriya as he pounced out of the elevator with right leg lunging forward, an awkward kink in his lower back with fingers pointed like guns. "Are you a fish? Cause you're the right catch for me!...Nonono-"

The hero cleared his throat and smoothed down the light pink button-up shirt with sleeves rolled up to his forearms, taking a few steps forward with the gears of his mind clicking. Five steps were taken before he slowly leaned to his left and propped his forearm against the wall, right foot crossing behind the other and his voice taking a deep shift in tone. "Hey, baby. You lost? Worry no more, cause I just found what I was looking for....tchughh-"

"What....On this planet....Do you think you're doing."

'I'm practicing some pick-up lines.' Midoriya replied to Nana, adjusting the belt looped through his black slacks with a rose tucked into his left pocket. Snatching the rose out from the pocket he spun the flower in front of his face with eyebrows furrowed. 'Mitsuki's always had a bit of taste for romantic stuff so, maybe I could try something.'

"Not to like cast any rain on your parade here buuuuut....you kinda need to know the difference between trying to be romantic and trying to be....a douche."

'Hey I'm trying alright? Isn't that what matters?'

"It's cute, but you're kinda embarrassing yourself here."

'Quiet, let me have this.'

"Knock yourself out Romeo."

"Hey baby!" Midoriya called out with a quick slide to the wall on his right, back leaning against the surface with arms crossed and rose in his left hand. "Did anybody ever tell you you're as sweet as pie? You're so sweet, I wouldn't even be able to tell the difference if you had a little crea-"

"NOO."
"NOO."
"NOO."
"NOO."
"NOO."
"NOO."
"Ohhh good grief this kid."

'What? What's wrong with that? I was just going to say cream.'

"You'll know when you grow older, just stick with your coloring books for now okay honey?"

'Tch, whatever. Can you guys just keep quiet for when I want to try something? I'm sure it'll work out like I want it to.'

"Aye-aye captain, we won't say anything when the ship starts to sink. Your orders."

Midoriya rolled his eyes as he further adjusted the rolled up sleeves to comfortably sit at the elbow, his pace slow on his way down the hall to Mitsuki's apartment. Their first date, no, their first real date he should mention. No, their first real REAL date? Because taking the other two account those were considered dates but it wasn't anything romantic at least not yet, and now knowing that the basis of this date was actually romantic this time around, should the other two even count at this point? It mattered not, whether a date, a real date, or a real REAL date, the label made no difference as this was something that he had been looking forward to all day today.

Their first, real, date.

Nervous? He'll admit that without a doubt, even with the level of comfort that he has around Mitsuki it's still no question just what kind of woman he was going to take out tonight. A fine like wine mature woman in her early 40's that couldn't be guessed as anything passed 25? Oh yeah, he was nervous as all Hell for certain, but at the same time accompanying that nervousness was a bit of excitement for what's ahead. Not just tonight, but on the many other nights they may share together over dinner or anything else with their hands intertwined. The memories, the love, the care, his heart swooned for everything that could be.