21: Once And Forever

*knockknockknock*

Three times Mitsuki knocked against the front door of her old home, bringing the hand back to clutch the front of the purse strap that hung on her right shoulder. Standing beside the woman on her right was Midoriya in a short sleeve All Might T-Shirt and jeans combo, his girlfriend beautifully sporting her purple cardigan and white blouse over a pencil skirt. The hero's eyes glanced down to the hand that clutched the strap of her purse and noticed the small movements of her fingers against the leather, such as the nervous tapping of her thumb as well as the subtle rubbing of her index over the material. He stepped closer to her, and placed a gentle hand against the small of her back which she subtly leaned into.

"It's gonna be okay Mitsuki." He whispered. "I'm here for you."

*CLICK*

"I know, honey. I know."

The front door opened and greeting the new couple at the entrance was Masaru, the former husband smiling at the two along with a gentle nod. "Mitsuki, Izuku. Glad you two were able to make it today."

"Hey Uncle." Midoriya greeted. "Sorry we haven't been able to help out around here lately, we've been getting carried away with other things."

"No it's, it's fine. Speaking truthfully there's a sort of peace I can have when packing things up by myself, lets me think about some things in silence without distraction. The only part that comes up where that becomes an issue is-...well, you know..."

"Forgive me, Masaru." Mitsuki apologized. "I should have been here more often to help around with the house. Whether you like to have a silence or not, this place is also my responsibility to help tidy up."

"Well it's just like Izuku said, things happen. And I know better than to try and step in to somebody else's life when they're out enjoying it. But seeing as how it's almost done here, you won't have to worry about missing out on much anymore."

A half-baked smile graced Mitsuki's lips before Masaru stood aside and allowed the two outside to enter the house. Being the second to enter Midoriya immediately paused upon taking the first step inside and seeing just how much of his second home has been removed and done away with compared to last time. Nothing, there was almost nothing left that he remembers in his childhood. What he felt as a little Quirkless boy coming over with his mom, he could not feel or see anymore with emptiness replacing the heart of the memories. He should have expected this truthfully, yet, still. From the day of the divorce he was not prepared to see what he was so familiar with be reduced to...this.

"Hello you two." Greeted Midoriya's mother from the kitchen area, Mitsuki shuffling her way over while her boyfriend exchanged shoes for slippers. "Glad to see you two didn't melt out there, the heat is absolutely horrendous these days ugh my goodness."

"Hey Inko, thanks for being here." Mitsuki greeted as she and Midoriya's mother approached and embraced each other. "Sorry if this is keeping you from anything."

"Ohhh you know me, always cooped up in that apartment running my mind into boredom. Any chance I get to stretch my legs I'll be glad in taking."

The mothers separated as everybody took their individual places around the kitchen island, the newly created couple sticking closer to each other in comparison to the others. Looking around at all those present Mitsuki cleared her throat before clasping her hands together with a nervous smile. "*AHEM* Well uh, thank you, everyone for, being here, uh. I know, Masaru was already here to begin with compared to the rest of us heh but you-you guys get what I mean. I uh, think for the most part there's something that everybody is already aware about but just so we can set it in stone for no misunderstandings I think it's best if we just go ahead and get it out of the way. Izuku?"