01. The Glade

{3rd person}

Sylvia gasped as she woke up. She felt the ground beneath her rumbling and shaking. Suddenly water bursts through her lungs. Sylvia coughed out the water as her eyes opened.

Instantly she tumbled up looking around. She was in a cage. The cage was going up at a rapid speed. Sylvia gripped onto the side of the cage trying to stay balanced. There were barrels around her and packs on the floor.

"Hey! Where am I?" Sylvia yells. She quickly realized no one's going to answer her. She swung her hand to her forehead. Groaning as she rubbed it.

Why can't I remember anything? Sylvia asked herself as she held her head. My name. My name what's my name? She mutters to herself. Who am I?

{1st person}

Suddenly the cage I was in glowed red. Then quickly green and then everything went dark. I groaned as a shining flash glowed through the cage.

I picked myself up trying to adjust my eyesight. I realized the shine was the sun. Was I outside? I looked around and jumped on top of some barrels and climbed out the cage.

Outside the cage revealed a huge, huge square land. Gigantic walls surrounded the square land. Trees hugged the walls and a huge field was in the middle of it.

My eyes scanned the whole place. No one was here. It was just me. There was an opening in the big walls.

You could imagine I was confused out of my mind. I couldn't remember anything. I was in the middle of an enclosed field with no one around.

The air was sweet. Fresh. It was gorgeous here I had to admit. I wandered over to the opening in the big walls. It was the complete opposite as it was the field. It was dark, cold and very overgrown.

My memories importantly. Was gone. I remembered the basics like how to walk. But not who taught me how to walk.

Supplies! The box I was in had supplies. I dashed over to the box and jumped back in. Slowly I carried every last supply and barrel out the box. I found small knifes and daggers. Why would I need weapons?

As I jumped back into the box for one last supply pack I realized there was a long piece of cloth in the corner of the box forming an X shape. I wearily picked it up. There was two handles. I grabbed the one of the handles and pulled on it. It was a blade. Katanas to be exact.
---

{3rd person}

Throughout the whole day Sylvia was trying to make a small shelter for her to survive in. The sun was setting as she started a fire.

Suddenly while Sylvia was cooking some food from the supplies over the fire a rumble came from outside the walls. Sylvia looked around wearily. Stone grinding sounds filled the air as Sylvia stood up.

She looked at the doors to the stone walls. It was slowly closing up. Sylvia ran over to them. Unsure what to do. What if they never opened again?