12. Another Escape

"I wanna know what's through that door" Thomas mutters. "Now, we've been over this. You said they were covered up so you don't know what you saw. It could've been anything under there." Newt says.

"I know exactly what I saw. They were bodies. Aris said they bring in a new batch every night."

"Who the hell is Aris?"

Thomas points to him. "Well, I'm sold"

"Okay until we know anything for certain we should just keep our heads down and try not to draw any attention to ourselves alright?"

Thomas stands up. Coolly walking over to the door, until a guard stopped him. Thomas tried again but the guard pushed him back. Sylvia got the the edge of her seat, ready to run.

Thomas attempted to tackle the guard causing Sylvia to jolts up and run over with the others behind her. "Thomas." Sylvia and the others held him back. "What's happened here!" Janson yells.

"Thomas? I thought we could trust eachother. You know we're all on the same team here."

"Are we?"

"Get them to their bunks"

---

The guards shoved the kids into the dorm. "What the hell was that about?" Minho asks. "You didn't really think they were gonna let you through?" Newt adds.

Thomas sighs and pulls out the guards keycard from his pocket. "No of course I didn't"

"I'm gonna find out what's on the other side of that door."

"Right."

"Newt their hiding something. Okay? These people are not who they say they are."

"No. Thomas you don't know that. The only thing that we do know is that they helped rescue us from wicked. They gave us new clothes. They gave us food. They gave us a proper bed. Some of us haven't had that in a long time."

"Yeah but"

"Some of us a lot longer than others." Newt says obviously meaning Sylvia. Suddenly the a vent rattled from underneath a bed. Aris crawled out. "Hey Thomas."

"What the"

"You go it didn't you?"

"Who is this kid?"

"Yeah, yeah let's go."

"Hey." Sylvia put a hand to his chest. "I'm coming with you."

"Sylvia" Newt calls out as she grabs her katanas from under the bed and strapped them on. "I'll be fine." She mutters tucking in some knifes into her pants. Sylvia quickly hugs Newt. "Promise"

---

Sylvia lowered herself down from the vent as quietly as possible. She walked around checking for guards as Thomas opened the door.

Slowly the three walked into the room that glowed blue. Thomas and Sylvia stopped to look at some kind of creature. Oddly, looking like a griever.

They opened another door. Revealing rows, dozens of rows of teenagers. They hung from a machine as some device was propped into their mouth.

"Teresa?" Thomas mutters. Causing Sylvia and Aris to walk over. "It's Rachel. They took her the first night. I told her it was gonna be okay."

The outer door rumbled open. "Hide!" Sylvia whispers. "You sure this can't wait?" Jansons voice echoed. "She was very specific sir. She wanted to speak with you personally."

"As if I don't have enough to deal with"

"Just uh bear with me. Just getting some interference with the storm"