Chapter 17

New.

No matter how I shower myself with positivity I couldn't stop thinking the struggles that Michael had been through. I couldn't avoid but to compare our situation. Just like what he'd said, me—us were indeed lucky to experienced the comfortable life we have.

Me and my friends could travel to different countries and can purchase anything we want without actually minding the expenses because our parents can afford it. But how about those people who can't? Those people who really want but has no money. I pity them somehow of their situation.

"Tria?? Hello?!" I glance to Lleianna who called me.

"Huh?" I uttered.

Her forehead furrowed as she studied my face. I looked around. I didn't notice that they were all looking at me with their worried expression that made me confuse.

"What?" I asked with my brow rising up.

"Kanina ka pa tulala Tri! Ano bang iniisip mo? At parang sobrang lalim naman para ignorahin mo kami." Harold long litany but I could still feel the concern in his voice.

"Are you alright? Does something bothering you?" Louisse while looking at me sternly.

I looked away. I know Louisse, she might talk shortly but she know if I am lying or not. Among us, she's the most observant with the things happening. I sigh when I felt her studied me through. I scoffed, do they really need to know this?

"Ano bang bumabagabag sayo Trianah? Why are you acting strange?" Silas added.

"Just let her time to think guys! Ano ba kayo? Just let her first, to surtout her thoughts. You are harassing her, eh! So, how could she talk?!" Lleianna commented that relief me.

"Yeah! Llei is right!" I nodded and glance to them with my mean looks.

"We're not, Lleianna. We are just worried to her." Silas added more and still not taking off his eyes on me.

"What? I am fine! I am not having a suicidal thoughts okay! Just thinking some things that you all don't need to know." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Oh, see?! Okay naman pala eh. So now, let's go back to our previous topic. Where is the place guys? Come on, decide already, Tria? I know you have so many recommendations."

I shook my head. It's twins birthday today that's why we're here together. We are planning on how to celebrate their birthday and where we are going to celebrate it. I raise my brows to Harold when I saw him still staring at me. He just tilted his head and glance at Lleianna whose talking.

"Sa Jb na lang nga Llei! Mas masaya pa roon!" Harold blurted out.

"Pero palagi lang tayo sa Jb, H. Baka pwedeng ma iba naman. I want something new." She smiled brightly as she emphasize the word new.

"Eh wala na nga akong alam na new eh. Ikaw na lang kaya mag-isip kung saan. Tutal naman you want something new." Harold snapped.

My eyes looking back and forth to the two while they talking or should I say almost arguing? These two won't really get along even in the simplest thing. My gaze shifted to Louisse who only nodded once when the conversation turned to her. It wasn't long since I stared at her but then she quickly turned and met my eyes gazing at her.

I awkwardly smile to her that she responded with a nod. That's my cue to divert my eyes from her. The next thing I looked at was Silas who was chewing something in his mouth again. He didn't notice I was staring at him because he's so busy eating chocolate.

"Ako naman talaga, H! Why you sound mad tho!" Lleianna exclaimed that made me glance at her.