Chapter 35

Scared.

My eyes were still heavy as I walked towards the door to open it. I yawned. Who the hell has the audacity to disturb my sleep in this morning?! I didn't sleep well for the passed few days since I was working for my new project! Then, someone who'd just ring the doorbell! It's impossible that it's my mom because she always call me before she visit us in my condo.

"What the he—" My eyes dropped as I looked at Michael outside.

He was holding things in his hands that I presume that used for the softball. I felt the cold air sting on my spine as I saw his eyes stare at me deeply like he was trying to read my soul. My lips parted, I was wearing a sleepwear which is a sleeveless strap showing my bare shoulder. My heart skipped numerously but I covered it with my cold and serious expression. 

"How did you know where my condo is?" I asked, remain my stoic expression.

His jaw tightened. My forehead furrowed, puzzled by his expression. I follow his gaze and my breath hitched when I he was staring at my exposed breast! Shit! I pulled the lace of my dress and glare at him.

"Pervert!" I hissed.

His brows lifted and a half-smile appear into his lips.

"Mifune told me the last time we're talking on the phone. Sinabi niya rin sa akin na ngayon araw daw na gusto niya maglaro ng softball." He respond.

My brows shot. W-What? Wait. They are talking each other on the phone?! Don't tell me he use my phone in order to call this jerk?! Why I didn't know about this? That kid! Did he completely betray his Mom?! Did this man already brainwash my son?!

"And why would you call my son, huh? Are you out of your mind?!" I exclaimed. 

I couldn't find any reason why would he do that. There's nothing! I saw him heaved a deep sigh because of the sudden outburst I did.

"Hindi ako ang tumawag sa kanya, Tria. Siya ang tumawag sa akin." He muttered.

What? My son called him? That's absurd! Mifune won't do that to a stranger. He wouldn't call just someone he barely know. My son is smart to know whom he will trust. And I'm pretty sure this man in front of me were not included to those people.

"Are you making me laugh, Michael? Mifune won't call just some stranger. And if it's really true how could he know your number?" I asked grinning even I'm strongly sure that my son won't call him.

"I did, Mom. I asked for his number. I'm sorry if I keep it secret from you. I'm just to eager to learn softball and I have no one to ask to teach me for it beside this Mister. Amd plus, you don't know how to play it also." My gaze shifted to my son that now beside me.

I was welcomed by his sleepy eyes when I turned to him but it widened after seeing who am I talking to. I frozed. Shit! That means I was wrong? My mouth fell open, grasping for any word but seems my brain won't cooperate also. I'd choose to keep my mouth shut as I watched Mifune greeted Michael happily.

"You're here, Mister! A-And you brought things..." His sparkled in excitement like a hot sun in the sky as he realize those.

And he didn't even hesitant to stepped forward to come near Michael with an amused smile plastered on his mouth. My heart thumped. He must be longing for a father's presence. He might not confess it to me but I can feel it. He is longing for a father's care, love, and warmth. Sorry baby but I think I can't give you that. My face twitched. 

"Yeah. Sorry if it takes me a long time to go here..." He glanced at me.

I rolled my eyes at him before I open the door widely so he could enter inside. I saw him surveyed the place after he successfully went in. I shot my brows staring my son how he drag Michael inside the condo with a big smile in his mouth. I sigh as I closed the door.