CHAPTER FIFTEEN: JACK-ASS

"Scott you're gonna have to go a lot faster than that

"Scott you're gonna have to go a lot faster than that." I panicked, turning around to look at one of the Argent's cars behind us as Scott drove Derek's car to distract them from finding him. Scott had agreed last night to help Derek kill the Alpha, since it would help cure him which meant we now had to help keep him alive against the Argents and going to prison, since Scott told everyone he was the one who trapped us in the school and killed the janitor.

Stiles' head bolts around too, from the passenger seat, "Yeah, Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here."

"If I go faster, I'll kill us." Scott yells.

I take note of just how close their car is to us. "And if you don't, they'll kill us."

Scott sighs, before revving the engine and applying more pressure to the pedal, pushing us further ahead. Only now when I turn to see where they are from the back seat, there's no sign of them. What the hell? "They're gone." I point out.

Stiles and Scott look back to verify what I'd seen and Stiles immediately grabs one of the police radio he stole from dad. "All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works." Our dad says over the line. It made sense now why the car had just disappeared, they had visual confirmation Derek was on foot. And we just got confirmation of where he was.

Scott immediately took a sharp turn, and sped us over the iron works. Once we'd driven inside, I spotted Derek hiding behind a pile of wooden planks, and I opened up the back door. "Get in!" I yelled at him, moving down inside the car. Derek climbs into the seat besides me, as Argent drowns his car with bullets, Scott applying full pressure on to pedal of the car, sending us speeding out of there.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott shouted at Derek from the drivers seat.

"Damn it, I had him!" Derek exclaimed, hitting Stiles' seat in front of him.

I furrowed my brows. "Who, the Alpha?"

"Yes! He was right in front of me, until the freaking police showed up." Derek yelled in frustration.

"Hey, they're just doing their jobs." Stiles defends turning to face the man, earning a glare from Derek which forces Stiles to slowly turn back around.

Derek's head turns to Scott. "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state."

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott argues back.

I roll my eyes, we were seriously getting off track. "How the hell'd you even find the Alpha?"

Derek shakes his head, not responding.

Why was he being so damn difficult? He knew he needed our help to catch the Alpha, so why was he sulking.

I scoff, narrowing my eyes at him. "You know, you really need to work on your communication skills, before I call my dad and tell him where you are so he can throw your ass in jail again."